Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Otis Mass Riders

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Otis Mass Riders

Any Otis Mass riders out there? Anyone got a good map of the trails or know where I could get one? The maps on the State's web site are pretty bad.

Thanks,

Larch

Old 03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer
Default Otis Mass Riders

The base is great to ride on but you got to be careful. You get caught your screwed. Those national gaurd guys will chase you in hummers, helicopters, and even tanks! I don't have a map of the trails but I do have GPS coordinates.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Otis Mass Riders

Mass SUCKS to ride in!! I just bought my first Quad and I'm starting to wonder why I did, There's no where to ride that's not against the law.
Thank God I'm close to NH, hell even in Southern NH it's slim pickings.

Old 03-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default Otis Mass Riders

There are some legal places in Mass to ride. Check out the link below for info.

http://mass.gov/dcr/recreate/orv.htm

I've been to October Mountain and Tolland State Forest in Otis. Never been to the ANG Base and the thought of being chased by a tank is kind of cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Maybe I'll try it next time.

Anyway, both places are pretty rocky but also have a good mix of tight trails and wide open gas line trails and few good mud bogs and water crossings.

In Southern NH I used to ride in Freemont on some old ripped up railroad beds. These Are legal trails. VT will honor a NH registration and there are a ton of places in VT and Northern NH.

Old 03-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Range Rover
Default Otis Mass Riders

yep just another one of 1 million reasons I put my house on the market this week. Looking to move to NH or ME by the summer. Massachusetts "blows". Full of no good left wing liberal nut jobs..

The only state were mosquitos and child rapists have more rights than decent folks who work for a living!!!!

Old 03-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Default Otis Mass Riders

Originally posted by: bank
yep just another one of 1 million reasons I put my house on the market this week. Looking to move to NH or ME by the summer. Massachusetts "blows". Full of no good left wing liberal nut jobs..

The only state were mosquitos and child rapists have more rights than decent folks who work for a living!!!!
I agree.....the state government is corrupted by special interest groups......homosexuals, environmental gestapo, minorities (illegal, non-english speaking or otherwise)......basically any special interest group that can deliver voters or lobbyists. The politicians are not looking out for "The People".....they are looking to: A) get re-elected (by pandering to the "politically correct" and/or powerful special interest groups) B) gain power and influence within the government structure by pandering to the dictators in our government who weild all the power. They care not one little bit about "The Working Man" or common sense or doing what's right for the long term benefit of our society. They let illegal aliens stomp all over our "government support systems" and leach off of the taxpayers and further burden working people. They let environmental lunatics dictate policies which prevent common sense progress and are based on nothing more that outrageous propoganda and "The Sky is Falling" scare tactics that any half-wit could see through. They do it because the PC police and the liberal media will label them as racists, environmental rapists or just plain "insensative" or "mean spirited" swine. To the pandering politicians in this state......the good of the common working man and simple common sense mean absolutely NOTHING..... because in Massachusetts..... the liberals run rampant like a plague of locusts. We are killing ourselves through political correctness that spawns racial and class divisiveness and these "do gooders" are too stupid to recognize the corrosiveness to the very principles upon which this country became great. Liberals are FOOLS that try to pander to everybody and instead simple screw everything up.

For this reason ATVers in Massachusetts will increasing see overbearing environmental regulation designed to allow the government dictators to take away what few legal riding areas we now have and make it virtually impossible to open any new riding areas. It is in fact being written by "The Department of Conservation and Recreation" right now and ATVers don't stand a chance. To these government functionary hacks, we as ATVers are nothing but powerless annoying little knats that they'd just as soon squash. It's very easy for them to do because there will be no negative political reprecussions.......and in their world......it's ALL about politics.

Other than the puketrid, corrupt politics......it's a great place.

Old 03-23-2006, 06:27 AM
Range Rover
Default Otis Mass Riders

Bingo!! Saddle. That's exactly what the problem is with Mass. It's always catering to small special interest groups!! Whether it's "homo" marriage, or environmental wack jobs, or the outrageous welfare system in this state. Not to mention the high cost of auto insurance because some people won't be able to get insurance...simply because their bad drivers!!!

And lets not forget AG Tom Rielly who wants to run for governor and give illegal aliens a free education, while everybody who is a legitimate citizen has to pay!!!

Hello, McFly!!! These people are criminals!!!

Old 03-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default Otis Mass Riders

Well said backinthesaddleagain and bank!