Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

my son got a atv where do I take him?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my son got a atv where do I take him?

O.K. here is the deal! Grandpa should up tonight and dropped off a polaris 50 for my son. I am alittle freaked out (but that is what moms do). I am going to give this a fair try before I say NO WAY! I am clueless where to take my 7 year old. Is there somewhere for beginners that is not to crowded?

Old 03-27-2006, 01:53 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

im sure there will be plenty of local responses,,,,,,but in general,,,,be sure the little guy gets some training,,,,,and some proper ridi ng ge ar,,,,,,,and i would recommend that Mom gets herself a 4 wheeler as well

heck,,,,get one for grandma too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2006, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

hungry valley is the closest to you. thats north on the I 5 about 40 minutes passed valencia (magic mountain). there are trails, there are atv tracks for small atv's like the one granpa brought home to you. you ask me thats great! but for sure you need to get one for yourself. that way both of you stay together and ride together. it's alot of fun. take day trips. best prices in town is in the city of inglewood. it's called L A cycle sport on hyde park avenue. i researched the prices all around the los angeles and san diego area, riverside, orange county and L A cycle sport saved me about $400 to $500 on the polaris 330 trail boss. good luck!

Old 03-27-2006, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

moms will be moms.

my wife didnt want me to get our son ( age 9 at the time ) a dirt bike, of corse i did, he has 2 now.
she was afraid of him getting hurt. boys allways get hurt no matter what they do.. now my wife loves to watch our son ride his bikes. do his jumps and ride wheelies. out daughter just turned 8 and we got her a 70cc quad, she is doing just fine.
buy the gear no matter what the cost. hellmet, chest plate and boots ( motocross boots )
my son now 11 with his own private track on our 23 acre ranch has yardsaled ( crashed and broke the bike )
several times, if he didnt have the gear he would of broke a few bones by now.
but now he rides like a pro and understans the importences of safty. and 1 bad grade will keep him off his bike,
so his grades are way up there, honer roll 3 times and deans list twice.

your son is at the right age for this, let him crash and fall and get back up on his quad.
the experince is like no other and will bring you closer.

i hope this helps you in any way.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Trailblazer

In California I believe riders under 16 y/o are required to take an ATV Safety Course. Go to any local ATV Dealer and ask for some information regarding where, when and how much. They should be able to give you some information.
Also, to set your mind at ease, always monitor your sons activities on the ATV. Never let him go off on his own. Some small ATV's also have a throttle set screw. This will allow you to adjust how much gas he can give it. My son was 3 y/o and my daughter 5 y/o when they started and they never hurt themselves. They did crash a few time though. Good Luck and Have Fun!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

hey sandfire you in los angeles huh? ima going riding tomorrow hungry valley be cool to talk and see other people there

Old 03-27-2006, 03:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thank for all the encouragement it helps. I think my father (Grandpa) was triing to spare me from freaking out over my husband buying him a dirt bike this June. Dad to the rescue! (so he thought) at least I might be able to keep my kid of a dirt bike alittle longer. I know I need to let him be a boy. I only worry so much because he has rolled his go cart twice! I am buying him gear tomorrow.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:22 AM
Pro Rider

go here and get much information. ohv.parks.ca.go

Old 03-27-2006, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider

ohv.parks.ca.gov

Old 03-27-2006, 03:40 AM
Trailblazer

I'm in Big Bear. Do some riding in the desert but mainly Dumont. Too many crazy's at Glamis. I'm heading to the Coral Pink Dunes April 2nd for a week. It's an annual trip we have been making for the last 4 years. Maybe a Dumont trip later in April. I'll keep you posted.