Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Va riders

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Va riders

Hello fellow VA'rs...

I just got a Prairie 360 4X4 about a month ago. I live in Hampton Roads and am looking for places to ride as well. A co-worker said I could use his 20 acres of land in Western VA but it is a 3 hour drive. Going an hour to Dinwiddie sounds a lot better.

I know of a couple places over in Surry and off of 460 in Ivor but from what I have heard they aren't really places where a beginner would go. I have done some trail riding in NY and am looking just for a place to go where I can enjoy the nature and not worry about getting run over.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Va riders

Hello everyone,

New to this forum and would also like to find some people/places to ride with. I'm in Charlotte County Virginia.

send me an email
Email

Old 12-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

I have a friend who has 20 acres of land in Nelson but another forum told me it wasn't big enough. He will give me directions and permission to ride on it but it would be roughing it since there is no amenities.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

Hello everybody. I'm in Chesterfield on the Amelia border just off 360. I don't really have anything to contribute, cause everywhere I go either I'm not really supposed to be or I'm not allowed to have anybody with me. If ya'll happened to find out about somewhere in the general area I wouldn't mind tagging along. I have a 4x4 Hawkeye and will have 25's on it by this weekend. Just let me know a little ahead of time so I can clear the day.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

Trying to get a group ride for central Va riders together. I have some local trails to ride but if we get a group together, then a trip to South pedler in the mountians of Slades in surry would be a good way to meet some new riding buddies.
- Yo jacmax- I know of Nelson county and would be interested in a day trip If you wanted to explore.
- Hidie ho Fan- You get the new rubber under your HAWK? If so get back to me and you can test them out This weekend over in Chester.
- Lawnchopper, If you want to ride in chester let me know, not sure what day but I will ride this weekend for sure.
MH

Old 01-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

This weekend I am going to my brothers place in Surry to ride around. Mostly just going around the yard and up and down the road a couple times but it is riding and doesn't cost anything. I have to get some more details about the place in Nelson, when I come out it is going to be for a weekend since it is like a 3 hour drive.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

The Mudlites are on, and have been for a couple weeks. I just need to adjust the springs in the back to see if I can get a little more clearance around the front of the rear tires. My weekends are pretty much booked up through the end of the month, and my trailer is down at the moment so I would have a hard time getting it down there anyway. I'm working on the trailer end of that. After the end of the month let me know when you're going, and I'll see what I can do though.

Old 01-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Va riders

I've been to south pedlar and iirc it's around 25 mi of trails although I haven't been there in about 3-4 yrs but it was some pretty good riding.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

This weekend I don't seem to have any plans. With gas prices coming down rather nicely was wondering if anyone had any plans?

Old 01-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

I'm still trailerless. The new tires have pushed the 4 wheeler just far enough back to give me relatively 0 tongue weight (I only have a little 4x6 trailer), and for those of you that don't know that causes the trailer to fishtail. I've gotta find something that weighs about 75-100 pounds, and attach it to the front of the trailer before I can take it more than a few miles. I'm kinda drawing a blank as to what would weigh enough, and would fit without forcing the 4 wheeler back even further.

Quick Reply: Va riders