Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Va riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Va riders

www.SladesPark.com

Its in Surry

March 3rd 2007 Slades Park

Old 02-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

Yes SuzukiRiderVa, that is the place in Surry. Hope you make the drive and ride with us.
MH

Old 02-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

stemcell700- we will try to get together later in a smaller group then. Im a building contrator. I do a little bit of everything but right now I specialize in kitchen renovations.
MH

Old 02-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Va riders

Misterhappy, that sounds fine, sounds like you'll have a pretty nice group going down there the 3rd. Just to let you all know, every year before halloween, there is about 16 0f us that load up and go to Hatfield McCoy for a whole week. We stay in the Browning fork area, the place we stay at has two single wide house trailers, a 4 man cabin and a huge double wide all in very good condition and very safe area, we pretty much take up one single wide and the double wide in the same parking lot, we hit all the mountains but pick and choose the different trails by what everyone else wants to do. A lot of people don't agree with the H-M system because they took over free riding land and most people don't want to pay to ride especially when there is too many other places to ride for free, but hte cost is minimal and even for a whole week it is still inexpensive.

Unfortunately in my area the ground is very swampy and atv's and horses usually tear the ground up pretty quick, and of course 'nobody did it" so nobody claims responsibility when it comes time to fix it. It's a shame, it has really killed it around here for those of us who do take care of the trails. Anything up Chester way?

Old 02-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Va riders

Wife got a new camcorder today, I wonder what to do with the old one??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????
HHmm on the atv maybe?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2007, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

I have some duct tape and a nail gun. I bet between the both of us we can figure a way to attach your old cam to your helmet. The riding is ok if you know where to go, 50 acres here 20 acres there and a few questionable locations that too many loud *** two strokes draw attention to. I will keep riding those spots but Im afraid that the use of those spots will be short lived. I would love to do what you have mentioned in the past and get enough people together to rent some off season hunting club land to play on. One other thing that you touched on was a club in Mechanicsville. It is ATV-VA. They are having a meeting March 4th that Im planning on attending. Just trying to network as much as I can in hope of expanding not only my riding oppertunities but everyone elses in the area.
MH

Old 02-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Va riders

That's cool, I think the presidents name is Mark , he lives around West Point, I wouldn't mind joining, If land was available closer to West Point. Oh Iam in the process of welding a metal cage for it and (for mud reasons) I'm going to first try it on the back of the atv, I've also have to get 6vdc adapter.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

There is a person I used to work with that lives in Gloucester. He was going to sell me one of his used quads, he said he rides in th woods behind his house. I need to see if I can get back in touch with him.

Old 02-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Va riders

Yeah let me know, I'm right beside Gloucester, If he or anybody else finds and needs help making/building trails let me know.

Old 02-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer
Default Va riders

come join our site Eastcoastatvriders.com We do group rides all the time we have one schuduled for Busco beach in Goldsboro, N.C. on march 16-18 as of now we have 35 going. Busco beach is a 1500 acre atv park with 24hour a day riding

I also ride at slades from time totime and it is a fun place to ride. I live in Newport news Va and have a few quads mostly a sport rider but new to the 4x4 side of quad riding

Quick Reply: Va riders