Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New Hampshire ride at Franconia Notch

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Hampshire ride at Franconia Notch

There will be a few NH atv clubs also NHOHVA(New Hampshire Off-Highway Vehicle assoc.) at this ride during the weekend of March 3rd and 4th.The ride at the Notch is March 4th(Sunday).

Joining an atv club is a great way to show your support for the sport of atv'ing.I belong to 2 clubs in New Hampshire and part of my dues go toward NHOHVA.

I want to get any info from riders from our area if they are interested in this ride. I went last year and it was the best atv'ing I have done in awhile,I met alot of really nice folks who love the sport of 4 wheeling.

email me or pm and I'll be sure to get back to you.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer

Just shot you a note. I live in MA and ride in NH alot. I would be interested in some info on that ride.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:38 PM
Range Rover

Just an FYI about this ride, I've done this ride a few times and it's a lot of fun..if there is snow. If not you will be limited to the 8 mile bike path in Lincoln. However, with adequate snow cover, 6 inches I believe; then and only then will you have access to the trails in the White Mountain National Forest. For more information check out www.NHOHVA.com.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Range Rover

Bank,
Do you belong to any atv clubs in NH or MA ? If you do,do you have any recommendations on a good club to join,a club that is very involved with keeping this sport active.

Thanks for the input on the ride at the notch,I should have mentioned the fact that the ride might not be as long as some riders might want.

I am hoping more areas that are only open to snowmobiles will accept atv's.The snowcover in the past few years hasn't been good for snowmobiles and atv'ers also contribute to the local economy.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Range Rover

Hey Cleve, I belong to 4 clubs actually, in NH; New Durham Valley ATV Club, NHATV and Sullivan Country a well as Southern Maine ATV in Berwick, Lebabon. The New Durham Club is actually becoming the model for the state of NH. Good folks who are working hard on a new trail system and are all VERY dedicated to making NH a geat ATV desitination. Also, Sullivan County in Newport/Claremont has some of the best riding in the state with a ton of trails.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

Bank,

How long does it take you to get to Sullivan County ATV Club trails and the New Durham trails from Woburn?

I have seen there web sites and they look like good riding but wondering how long it will take to get there.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Range Rover

Eiger04, It ususally takes me just under two hours, but it is well worth the ride..For me I take 93 N to 89 N to Exit 12 and go left follow 12 miles into downown Newport.

They have an extensive trails system with all types of trails for all levels. Most of the trails are connected via the Sugar River Rail trail which runs from Newport to Claremont, about 8 miles...A couple of covered bridges make it scenic..

Old 01-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Range Rover

Bank,
I just joined New Durham Valley atv club.Do you have to belong to a club to ride the trails in Newport/Claremont ?

Cleve

Old 01-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Range Rover

Cleve, you do NOT have to belong to the club to ride their trail system. I only joined because I ride there a lot. I know both of these clubs will need a lot of help in the spring and summer for trail maintenance as both clubs are opening/cutting in new trails. Both these systems are fairly close for most of the eastern Massachusetts ATV riders. So I think folks should join at least one. Both of these clubs are serious ATV contributors to the state. Jack Wheeler(NDVATV) and Diane Raymond (SCATV) are two very dedicated folks at making it all work. They put in many hours of their own time doing a lot of work when they could be out riding; so I feel the need to support both of them with a little $$ as well as helping out on the trails.

So if you could pass the word to some of your folks in Mass it would be a huge help. Also, the state of Maine is coming on very strong...Awesome trails throughout the state!

Old 01-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you Bank for this info. I live in Manchester and just starting to get into ATVing myself. I have been rebuilding an old Mojave I got for basically free. I know of a few "unofficial trails" that get used quite often around my house but really didn't know what organizations to hook up with for some longer distance riding. I will definitely be looking to Join NDVAC in the near future.

Quick Reply: New Hampshire ride at Franconia Notch