Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Long Islander's

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Islander's

We made front page of NEWSDAY!!!!! and in the middle for a day 2!! Hopefully, they actually put what they said into action for once, and maybe make 1 place that people can ride, and isnt $1000+ a year. Anyone know who was in the pictures??

It looks like a good place to ride too. Who rides there (Ridge, Pine Barrens)? How many popo troubles?

Old 01-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Long Islander's

Yeh, I ride in there all the time. The trails there are good, you just have to be smart about it!

Old 01-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Long Islander's

i missed the article im searching the web for it now what did they say? i like goin to pa to ride its only 3 hours and a tank of gas ($60) each way then a place to stay overnight b/c your too tired too drive safely home!!!! it winds up costin three hundred dollars to ride - for 1 day

Old 01-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Long Islander's

Yeh, my brother and I go to hazleton, PA a lot. It's 3hrs. Exactly door to door. But we make it a 1 day trip and it only runs about $60 each.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:33 PM
Range Rover
Default Long Islander's

Well, if your talking about Paragon, there is a good chance they are going to close soon from land managers!! Look at post "ALL Paragon Riders" in where to ride.

The front page, Tuesday 1/23, big letters, "ROUGH RIDERS". They make it sound like all atv riders are @$$ holes!!! Then it says,"Battle For The Pine Barrens". It pretty much said that ATVs/Dirtbikes are destroying the land, making the trails that are already there wider, and leaving big ruts and crap. Meanwhile, the roads have trucks drive on them (so it looks), and the trail surface is barly touched. The front page is YFZ 450 jumping, and some other pictures have a Banshee and some other quads/bikes.

At least they realize the need for an ATV park, but their plan for an indoor park/track is STUPID!!!!!! They should open up some of the land out east, or even some of the beaches. There is a lot of money to be made if they do, whether through registration and insurance, park entrance, atv shops around the park, etc.....

Old 01-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Long Islander's

yeah im supprised that they're not jumping on this chance to put more green in their pockets. maybe ther is no more room from all the property taxes we pay. and not to be negative but even if they do open a track wether indoor or out im sure they will have stupid rules like they do on everything else 15 mph speed limit no jumps tricks wheelies no spinning the tires etc.. you know how it is here !

Old 01-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Range Rover
Default Long Islander's

They are trying to get everyone that rides there, but there is no chance of that happening. And they impounded over 500 quads/bikes last year just in Suffolk, so they made a lot of $$$. As for the park, I would probly go even if it had stupid rules as long as its fairly priced. Most likely, its gonna cost $50 a pop to ride, plus an annual fee of like $500, like everything else here. I'll probly off LI before a park even starts to get made, then I'll be riding every day!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 01-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default Long Islander's

When do the officials in suffolk do the right thing, if they build a park it's going to be weak!

What they'll do is build a trail and a track on a couple of acres and a fee that will go up every year. Then you got too many riders that are going to want to ride, but since the park won't be able to handle that many riders at once, it's going to turn into the track in yaphank were you go in groups. Each group will ride for 15min.

IT'S WEAK! I'm telling you this is how it's going to go down.

I'll stick to riding in the trails, you just have to be smart about it, and stay 1 step ahead of the cops!