Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kentucky

Back to Black Mountain, My youngest daughter rides a Raptor 80. Are there a sufficiant amount of trails at this location that is rider friendly for the smaller atv's? I would hate to make the trip up there with her only to find out the trails were to aggressive for her and the bike to be able to handle.

Thanks,
Mud

Old 04-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default kentucky

There's 100's of miles of trails. They are all marked as Green, Blue, or Red. Green, of course being the easiest. You could stay on the green trails all day if you want to and never have a problem.

Actually, she could probably do just fine on most of the blue trails as well. In my experience, the blue trails generally only have one or two moderately difficult spots which you could help her through if necessary. The rest of the trail is usually pretty easy.

If you go on a guided off-park ride, just make sure you tell them that you have a little girl with you and they will set you up with the appropriate ride. Also, if you don't think she can last for an all day ride, make sure you tell them about how long you want to be gone. The Ridge Runners have always been more than accommodating.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default kentucky

Thanks for the information, It will play into how I plan my trip for sure. She is good for riding all day as long as we take a break every 45 minutes or so. Also I was told that 2 up riding is aloud there so we will be able to explore that way as well.

Thanks,
Mud

Old 04-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default kentucky

come out to Hills & Hollers down in lockport kentucky (henry county).

Old 04-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Range Rover
Default kentucky

How 'bout some more info on this Hills & Hollers? Is there a website? What kind of trails? Is it free, or is there a charge to ride? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default kentucky

Originally posted by: atomlinson
How 'bout some more info on this Hills & Hollers? Is there a website? What kind of trails? Is it free, or is there a charge to ride? Any info would be great. Thanks!
they have a website but i dont know what it is. the actual name of it is Hillz N Hollarz (damn rednecks lol). its all trail riding and there are some very difficult spots. its 20 bucks to drive (off road vehicle or ATV) and like 5 bucks to ride with someone but i wouldnt recommend havin someone on the back unless u plan on puttin around.