Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ohio Off-Road Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2000, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my 4-wheeler registered to Ohio as an Off-Road Vehicle (I have a sticker in the shape of Ohio on my 4-wheeler). My question is where does this mean I can ride? Is there maps of these places, restricted times I am allowed to ride in these places, a web page I can go to look at the places available for me to ride? Any information would be helpful. I am in the central Ohio area. Thanks!!

Old 12-28-2000, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a400exer

Your Ohio registration sticker allows you to ride on any approved state riding area. The state approved riding areas are mostly in southern Ohio. You can see them at the following link http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/odnr/relm...res/areas.html This will give you information on the state riding areas. Also, go to the atv connection home page and follow the links to Ohio riding areas and read the information on the state riding areas.

Your state sticker is also required to riding in the Wayne National Forest riding areas. You are also required to get the Wayne National Forest riding permit ($5 per day or $25 annual). You can go to the Wayne National Forest website at http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/wayne/ The Wayne National Forest is by far the best riding areas in Ohio.

Your state sticker also permits you to ride on the berm of some county and township roads. You can get a copy of the atv rules for riding on the roads at your local BMV. They have a brochure entitled "Before you Rev up, Read Up" It has an atv on the cover.

Hope this helps. Post any questions you have.