Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in the Sierra Neveda's....................................

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:17 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding in the Sierra Neveda's....................................

I am looking for a good place to camp and ride ATVs in the Sierra's, some place similar to Kennedy/Troy Meadows but where my wife and I can ride our quads from the camp ground.

We prefer camping next to a creek in a forest/shady area but do not care if there are toilets or not, we actually prefer more secluded tent camping areas.

As for the type of riding, something simple and senic not to tough for my wife but also some more technical areas that I can ride with my dirt bike buddies as well.

Reconranger mentioned the Mammoth/Bishop area but I can't find the post or e-mail that had the details, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe Reconranger will see your thread and respond.There are two Kennedy Meadows in California, you must be looking for information on the one in the south end of the state.
Sometimes I think it would be nice when you do a search, that it takes you to the page(s) the question/item your looking for is on. The California riding thread has tons of information, you just need to go through the pages to get to it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are several great rides out of Bishop, but it is pretty hot there right now. Best to camp up at Mammoth, where it is cooler.

Last weekend we camped at Sherwin Creek campground, just south of Mammoth. There are some nice tent camping sites along the creek....the best ones are the walk-in sites. From there, you can easily get to Laurel Lakes (an absolute must do ride!), and there are some fire roads on the south side but it is a bit limited. You can get to the north side of town from there (which has unlimited fire road mileage!), but it requires riding a hundred yards or so on the pavement at the edge of town, and crossing hwy 203, to get to the north side.

Another nice area for remote camping near Mammoth is Dead Man Creek. It is on the north side, and a ways from town.

Go to www.visitmammoth.com or call 1-888-GO-MAMMOTH and request the Off-Highway Vehicle and Mountain Biking Map, or ask for one at the visitors center. Lots of easy fire roads on there, plus the Laurel Lakes ride.....

Old 07-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://forums.atvconnection.co...tid/27/threadid/519824