Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Canada, Ontario: riding spots.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canada, Ontario: riding spots.

Hey guys, I just thought I'd point out a few trails for us in Canada, Ontario. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

First off, there is http://www.grca.on.ca/ganfor.htmGanaraska Forest.

It's a great place to ride, and it's hard to get lost. Sadly, it cost around 40 dollars - or somewhere around there. But, it's worth it if you can't find any where else to ride.

Then, there's St. Williams. It's a small town with a very large forest (crown land). I can't seem to find anything, but if you want to look into it just check it out on the map.

And last, there is http://www.gopherdunes.com/gopher dunes. It's mainly a MX track, but it does have smaller forest for trail riding as well. It has a big MX track, and a kiddie one.

Well - those are some good places I like to ride. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ever been up to Mattawa,..They have a Spring and Fall Rally.........My wife and I go on the Fall one last year was our first one and were not going to miss this year!!!...

You can click on the Mattawa link from the ATV ontario webside!!........No question the best trails I been on in Ontario so far!!!!......Close with the Whitney/Madawaska/Barry's Bay area!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

Have you ever been up to Mattawa,..They have a Spring and Fall Rally.........My wife and I go on the Fall one last year was our first one and were not going to miss this year!!!...

You can click on the Mattawa link from the ATV ontario webside!!........No question the best trails I been on in Ontario so far!!!!......Close with the Whitney/Madawaska/Barry's Bay area!!!!!!</end quote></div>

Hmm ... I'll have to look into it. It's a 2 hour drive for me, but that's not much.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:07 PM

I see your ICON...........Are you riding a 3-wheeler??..................Caper...............

Old 08-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: caperinmuskoka

I see your ICON...........Are you riding a 3-wheeler??..................Caper...............</end quote></div>

Not usually, I just like it as my Icon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I'm normally on a Raptor 350, but it's a little small and slow, so I should be on a YFZ 450 soon.

How 'bout yourself? <u>Edit: </u> O wait, I saw your signature. How ya likin' those Sportsmans?

So are these trails more aimed towards work quads / 4x4's, or will the good ol' 2x4 do good?

Old 08-31-2007, 02:27 PM

They have a real good mix of trails.........The rally covers trails that can be 2-wheel drive, However some people like to play in other trails off the signed path...and one trail is maked "666" I heard this one is "DEEP" !!!!!!!One mud hole just looks like a puddle .....Then wham!!! the front drops down up to your handlebars, ......But like I said..........The rally route is for both!!!....I didn't need to use AWD!!!!....Caper.............

Old 08-31-2007, 02:28 PM

I forgot to tell you all the mud hole spots have a path around them if you don't want to go through them!!!!........Caper.................

Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

i wrote the vmuts.com trails in july!!
hands down best in ontario that i've been on. They are all mapped and easy to follow. I was riding my ds650, one day and a suzuki eiger 400 4x4 the other. I had more fun on the eiger, since i could ride hard and not worry about my low swingarm clearance that the ds has. But 2wd is so do able, especially if its dry. My uncle, who is the president of the vmuts trails (Glen Draper), said that 666 has crazy mud holes and wouldnt let us go down it on his bikes. And i wasnt going to try on my 2wd. But i really wanted too go with his 4x4, but oh well. Still some nice trails, ranging from easy to hardcore. (if i had known the mud holes had trails around them, i definately would have hit up some 666 action..lol

Old 09-07-2007, 09:50 PM

I don't know if the "666" trail had spots around them...........I stayed on the Rally marked route!!........But the mud holes on the rally route had spots to go around them..............Did you make it to the look-outs??.........Caper.................Great in the Fall with the colour change!!!!..............

Going there the end of Sept...........Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!