Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New Multi-Use Access Area in East Tennessee

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2001, 09:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coal Creek Mining and Manufacturing Company has opened its land, 72,000 Acres, for multiple-use access. Anyone on the property will be required to have a land-use permit. These are available on a yearly, or daily basis. There are approximatley 250 miles of trails on the property currently with plans for even more.

CCMMC is utilizing the Windrock ATV Club for supervision, planning and maintenance of the trails.

For more information, visit www.windrockatv.com for more information.

Old 01-07-2001, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer

Kevin,
I'm interested in checking out this new area and
as a fellow ATVr appreciate what your club is doing to get this area up and running.I do have
a few questions that I didnt find on the website.
Do you access this at the carryville exit on 75
and will we be able to camp at the ride spot?
Thanks,
R.Halcomb
89-250R
01-Rubicon

Old 01-08-2001, 10:01 AM
Range Rover

The main access point for the area is in Oliver Springs. Most of the current access points in Carryville are actually on Royal Blue property and they have a different permitting system going into affect this year (very expensive for out-of-staters).

Eventually you will be able to access the property from Carryville, but I wouldn't reccomend it right now.

As for camping, I'm not sure how that will be handled just yet. This is all pretty new, so we are still working out everything. Keep checking our web site for new information.

If you've ever ridden the Windrock ATV Club's Spring or Fall rides, this is the same land that will now be open to everyone. We will also be allowed to make new trails, make maps of the area and tell people about the area. It's like being able to tell everyone about a secret that you've had to keep for years. What a relief!

We really hope to get people from all over the eastern US to come and enjoy our "new" riding area.

By the way, the picture on the front page of our web site, www.windrockatv.com, was taken from an overlook about two-thirds of the way up one of the mountains in this area.

Old 01-08-2001, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

a few friends and i are planning on coming up to windrock this saturday. how exactly do i get there from maryville coming up pelissipi parkway? could you also tell me more about the ccmmc 72k acres and the permit required? is the ccmmc located at or by windrock? if you happen to be there this saturday give me a yell i ride a yellow and red banshee. thanks-------rick

Old 01-08-2001, 11:35 PM
Range Rover

Windrock is the name of one of the mines on Buffalo Mountain which happens to be right in the middle of CCMMC's land. If you're planning on riding, you'll need either a daily pass for $10, or a yearly pass for $50.

Windrock ATV Club will have people at the bottom of the mountain this weekend if you want to buy your permit then.

Hope to see you there!