Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning PSAR!

Well, so far there are no "little voices" as the ringing, trains, whistles and bells never stops. Take care of your hearing folks, going slowly deaf sucks.

Should have read all the posts prior to making that last one.

My Dad went thru a lot of the same kinds of problems HB and I know what you are saying. What I finally did was find several spots we could drive to and allow him to watch large open areas. Next step was to get him to "carry" two rifles. One the old '95 Winchester lever gun he had used for years and the other a scoped '06 for longer shots. A good portable shooting bench and comfortable chair to help with the steady hold, and his coffee, and he was back in business. Since I was along to do the packing and other work involved it allowed him to continue to hunt even after the stroke. The Game Department will issue special permits, or at least used to, for an able hunter to assist a disabled person while hunting game animals. You might want to look into this as certain legal issues could crop up.

Wish I had the option of inviting you to hunt on our place but, as I mentioned before, we no longer are able to do that. The hunting club provides all of the insurance and security required to protect the landowner from "trespassers" and vandalism problems. These costs were getting excessive and since some courts had ruled that simply posting signs and casual patrols were not sufficient to "protect" the general public, well the options were limited. Last year was the first time in over a hundred years of our family being on this property that we did not welcome our friends and neighbors. Really hate the way things are going in our court system.

OK, I'll hop off my soap box now.

You folks have a great day.

Mike

Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 08-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Wouldn't you know it, the first outside work I've done in years and it goes to raining!
Oh well, I won't melt.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally Posted by hondablue
killin me...then what would I use to tow yamahas back to camp with at the dunes.
Carry a small shovel and we'll bury them!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good mornin everyone

Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

well bikes are in the shop lookin at spendin 1200.00 to fix the seized one, and 200.00 for the water pump on the other. i think its time my boys learned to fix these things themselves.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

Mornin evryone....wow what is that wet stuff out there?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

New to the site.

Got another quad two months ago, after being without for about two years.

Seems that many of the spots that I once went riding, are closed to ATV's now.

I live up north on Whatcom/Skagit county.

I spent lots of time up on the north fork of the Nooksack... But there are signs everywhere now that say no off-road use.

I am wondering the same thing about the small riding area in Saxon... No signs, but it doesn't look like many have been there. Hard to tell if it is closed down or not.

I don't want to get busted for being where I shouldn't be...

I went to Walker Valley ORV back in 2000... I hated it. WAY too many people... Felt very uneasy leaving my vehicle in the parking lot...

Is there some place I can find out what is open, and what is not?

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

afternoon PSAR

Well Trev & I went to Fort Lewis to watch my cousin's depolyment ceremony today very cool Trev LOVED it, came home w/ a fresh new digi camo outfit, we had lunch @ the commisary w/ Jarod & my Mom, Art & brother nice day.
Dropped Moto off @ 7:30am to the vet today & picked him up on the way home, he got nutuered finally YEAH he's now in his kennel w/ his lampshade on haha I think he's disgruntled but he did very well thru the surgery ect.

So I guess I am NOT taking the new job, the staffing place pretty much jacked me around now they want me to work 11:30-8pm PERMANENTLY I told them from the get go I couldnt do that so anyway I'm now looking again for another job & WILL NOT go thru a staffing agency, I am really bummed out I wanted that job but I can't leave Trev home alone & Ron never gets home @ the same time so I'll find another!!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally Posted by tnemaloney
well bikes are in the shop lookin at spendin 1200.00 to fix the seized one, and 200.00 for the water pump on the other. i think its time my boys learned to fix these things themselves.
Amen Sister

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread