Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi does Washington want riders to have a ATV safety education card.? Right now it is free in Oregon. Sounds like you guys/gals do a lot of riding .Where is Naches?

Old 10-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 10-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally Posted by hebo
Hi does Washington want riders to have a ATV safety education card.? Right now it is free in Oregon. Sounds like you guys/gals do a lot of riding .Where is Naches?
It's not a bad idea, the test is very easy.
Although if Washington did it I'm sure they'd charge $$, just like they do for the boater saftey card.

The Naches Trail is SE of Enumvlaw off of hiway 410. The trail is accessed off of Forest Service Road 70 and it goes up and over the Cascades.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Looks like the DNR will be closing Reiter temporarily on Nov. 2nd.
They say they have plans to make it into a "first class" riding area.
They will be needing volunteers to help with all phses of the project, these include trail design, revegetation, bridges and a whole lot more.
It does sound like many trails will be eliminated, they are hiring a "consultant" to help with trail layout and to help decide "which existing trails might be incorporated" in the new design.
All the information is supposed to be available at www.dnr.wa.gov
The DNR says that if this work is not done at Reiter, it will eventually be closed permanently.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Cool and rainy down this way, but it is FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Good Morning PSAR

Old 10-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
We are losing our places to ride!
Your JUST figuring this out Rod? Sorry but we can go to meeting after meeting pay for tabs & it still gets us NOWHERE!!!! I just think it's sad, can't even camp w/ your quad anymore unless your at the dunes & not everyone can afford to drive there!!

Old 10-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Morning PSAR!

Bad news about another riding area. DNR says "Do it the way we want or we'll just shut it down totally and keep the money anyway" or words to that effect. For my part I'll continue to write the State Representitives and Senetors but I doubt it will have much influance as DNR continues to do as it pleases. Game Department is the same way. And now there is a $5.00 "donation" on the license fees for vehicles that you used to have to agree to pay. New deal is you have to fill out a form to "opt out" and they will send a refund. State says it need the money to keep the parks open. Another way to tax and circumvent the public's wishes say I.

I'm not going to renew my quad tabs in Washington but it's easy for me as we are closer to good riding area's in Oregon than in this state anyway. Might as well spend the money where it's appriciated and actually goes to the cause intended IMO. Too bad more folks aren't as close to the Oregon riding areas, it could make a hugh impact on DNR and the way they are treating people.

Chilly and wet over here, nice days are predicted next week but a few days of rain for now. Think I'll mess with some inside projects, got to put the snowplow on the Prairie just in case it decides to get all nasty on us.

Sorry about the rant, the devil made me do it.

Mike

Old 10-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by tencubed
Good Morning PSAR!

Bad news about another riding area. DNR says "Do it the way we want or we'll just shut it down totally and keep the money anyway" or words to that effect. For my part I'll continue to write the State Representitives and Senetors but I doubt it will have much influance as DNR continues to do as it pleases. Game Department is the same way. And now there is a $5.00 "donation" on the license fees for vehicles that you used to have to agree to pay. New deal is you have to fill out a form to "opt out" and they will send a refund. State says it need the money to keep the parks open. Another way to tax and circumvent the public's wishes say I.

I'm not going to renew my quad tabs in Washington but it's easy for me as we are closer to good riding area's in Oregon than in this state anyway. Might as well spend the money where it's appriciated and actually goes to the cause intended IMO. Too bad more folks aren't as close to the Oregon riding areas, it could make a hugh impact on DNR and the way they are treating people.

Chilly and wet over here, nice days are predicted next week but a few days of rain for now. Think I'll mess with some inside projects, got to put the snowplow on the Prairie just in case it decides to get all nasty on us.

Sorry about the rant, the devil made me do it.

Mike
Preach it Brother!!!

Old 10-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Both mine and Cindy's quad have expired tabs. I think I'll wait to renew them when we get down to Sandy Turkey.
Does anyone know where in Reedsport or Winchester Bay where I can get the Oregon tabs??

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread