Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappaRap
Whaz sup whit Rod?????
Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
huh??
You haven't been on here for a couple of days

Old 12-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Have a kid sleeping in the office. I'm a nice Dad and won't wake him at 5:30AM

Old 12-25-2009, 12:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by tencubed
I think she would look good on the old cable blade RD6 we still have around. Full armor from it's logging days and the big old winch on the back. No power anything on that old beast. Might have a little trouble hand starting that pony motor but she could learn.

Give her the ability to tear the heck out of the whole area. Even got a brush blade for it setting in the weeds around here some place.

Merry Christmas to you all, we're having fun putting stuff under the tree and stuffing stockings for the kids. Hope your day is going as well or even better.

Mike
Well, Mike, if you ever want to lend it over, I only got two acres to work over, but I could use something bigger than what I got now.
Although, I do have a small tractor with a bucket that is better than nothing. And it's an older 70's era Craftsman tractor with dually tires on the back and a steel bucket with a concrete block for ballast. It's got exposed pulleys and belts and all kinds of cool stuff to take a hand off with like so much of the good old equipment like that. It runs like a top though and has a rumble you just don't get with all the brand new shiny stuff out there now.
I need to replace one pulley for the hydraulic belt to run the bucket and I can't find the right one around here. Dang aluminum pulley disintegrated at the end of summer.

I had knee surgery 9 days ago. The doc found a big tear in the cartilage and removed the meniscus(unexpected) in addition to the cleaning out the damage of long term degenerative arthritis(expected).
I am better than I was, but the last couple days of trying to get stuff done for the holidays I have overdone it. The rent-a-kids gift was a huge help with horsekeeping while I am down healing, and I got several offers from my PSAR friends as well.
I am off work until mid-February so I am taking the time and opportunity to heal and work back properly.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Merry Christmas PSAR

Old 12-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Have a kid sleeping in the office. I'm a nice Dad and won't wake him at 5:30AM
Well, you can post anytime of the day, so no excuse

Old 12-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Originally Posted by LdyJay
Well, Mike, if you ever want to lend it over, I only got two acres to work over, but I could use something bigger than what I got now.
Although, I do have a small tractor with a bucket that is better than nothing. And it's an older 70's era Craftsman tractor with dually tires on the back and a steel bucket with a concrete block for ballast. It's got exposed pulleys and belts and all kinds of cool stuff to take a hand off with like so much of the good old equipment like that. It runs like a top though and has a rumble you just don't get with all the brand new shiny stuff out there now.
I need to replace one pulley for the hydraulic belt to run the bucket and I can't find the right one around here. Dang aluminum pulley disintegrated at the end of summer.

I had knee surgery 9 days ago. The doc found a big tear in the cartilage and removed the meniscus(unexpected) in addition to the cleaning out the damage of long term degenerative arthritis(expected).
I am better than I was, but the last couple days of trying to get stuff done for the holidays I have overdone it. The rent-a-kids gift was a huge help with horsekeeping while I am down healing, and I got several offers from my PSAR friends as well.
I am off work until mid-February so I am taking the time and opportunity to heal and work back properly.

Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas PSAR!

Well, DM, I'd be pleased to loan you that old machine but two acres is about big enough to turn it around. Also the cost of a lowboy, pilot cars and the permits would eat up the cost of just hiring that job done.

If you go to Mytractorforum.com and look in the garden tractor area you'll find folks that collect and restore those old rigs. I've found them to be a real resource of information and parts for the old Bolens I bought last summer. That pulley may be like the one my son was trying to find for his Cub Cadet. Hunted for a couple of months and ten minutes on this forum pointed him at a source.

You need to force yourself to take the time to heal up. Took me over a year to get where I could be reasonably functional after hurting my back and I know how you feel about being laid up. Trust me, the sooner you let yourself heal the quicker you'll be back up to speed. Take advantage of the help offered, you can do for others later. That's the way it works.

Mike

Old 12-25-2009, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a good day

Old 12-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

Originally Posted by LdyJay

Merry Christmas!
Jayna,

The offer for help still stands, and it's not time limited. I have a small tractor (larger than yours) with a backhoe and the ability to attach various pieces of equipment... I'd be happy to come over just about any weekend and help. Just gotta let me know...

I'm going to Idaho for a few days to take my Dad skiing and should be back later in the week.

Karl

Old 12-26-2009, 08:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Post Christmas Morning PSAR

Hope everybody got what they wished for this Christmas

Now it's time to bring in the New Year

Old 12-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Morning PSAR!

Still just below freezing over this way, 25 this morning and just a bit of east wind. Feels colder somehow.

Got what I really wanted for Christmas, kids and grandkids all over the place and a really good time watching the two little boys opening a pile of packages. SWMBO had fixed up a ham big enough to feed an army along with all the trimmings so we did quite well. Going to be eating ham and eggs, ham sandwiches and the like for a few days.

I'm needing to replace the tires on my Prairie 360 and trying to decide on how aggressive a tread I want. I do quite a bit of on road travel getting too and from the mountains, about 10 miles pavement and 15 gravel one way to the farthest area, but need good traction for off road and using the blade and bucket. Something of a compromise is called for I guess. Any suggestions? I know I don't want a straight agriculture type tire as they wear way too rapidly on pavement.

Have a great day.

Mike

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread