Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 08:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good mornin everyone

Old 12-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Snowy Morning PSAR!

Going to have to bundle up the grandsons and drag them around behind the quad today, we got a bunch of snow last night. There must be at least an inch, maybe even an inch and a quarter of white stuff out there. Nuff for two little boys and grandpa to have fun in anyway. We might even let their dad and grandma join in.

You folks have a fun day.

Mike

Old 12-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 12-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Sounds like fun Mike!

Old 12-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Jayna, our offer of help still stands!!!
Thanks Rod, I really appreciate it. Better little by little. Trying to be good and not over do things, so I might just take you guys up on it.

I did my water line wrong, so it's frozen again. I need to install a no freeze hydrant when the ground thaws and it should be golden. Even put a timer on the tank heater. Little by little.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by 2mnyToyz
Jayna,

The offer for help still stands, and it's not time limited. I have a small tractor (larger than yours) with a backhoe and the ability to attach various pieces of equipment... I'd be happy to come over just about any weekend and help. Just gotta let me know...

I'm going to Idaho for a few days to take my Dad skiing and should be back later in the week.

Karl
I'll take you up on the help with the tractor. I have a few projects that will be labor intensive and time consuming if done by hand even with my little tractor, and would only take a few hours with a real tractor.
It might be a bit though. If I am going to ask for help and have you dragging equipment over, I want to make sure I know what I want to do and have an actual plan. THANKS!

Old 12-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Originally Posted by tencubed
I'm needing to replace the tires on my Prairie 360 and trying to decide on how aggressive a tread I want. I do quite a bit of on road travel getting too and from the mountains, about 10 miles pavement and 15 gravel one way to the farthest area, but need good traction for off road and using the blade and bucket. Something of a compromise is called for I guess. Any suggestions? I know I don't want a straight agriculture type tire as they wear way too rapidly on pavement.

Have a great day.

Mike
Mike, I had Mudlites on my Wolverine and sold them to DM for her Kodiac. They are great. Not too over beefy, but way better than knobbys with great traction. They are not overly heavy to rob your power and they have good V-tread you can swap directions depending on riding conditions. I didn't ride pavement much, so I can't attest to how they would hold up on pavement, but I know you won't be burning around on the pavement either, so I would wager they'll do just fine.
Just my two cents.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Originally Posted by LdyJay
Mike, I had Mudlites on my Wolverine and sold them to DM for her Kodiac. They are great. Not too over beefy, but way better than knobbys with great traction. They are not overly heavy to rob your power and they have good V-tread you can swap directions depending on riding conditions. I didn't ride pavement much, so I can't attest to how they would hold up on pavement, but I know you won't be burning around on the pavement either, so I would wager they'll do just fine.
Just my two cents.
YEPPERS LOVE the mudlites!!! They are good on gravel roads & pavement they don't tear the yard up too much either like my big tires did & she'll still crawl up anything you throw at her thought I posted I had them but guess I forgot and they aren't real expensive either!

Old 12-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Thank you ladies for the information on the Mudlites. I have been looking at them and a few others but have no feedback from owners of any of the others out there. I do know one person that has a set of Bearclaws I believe he called them. They are wearing out very fast but have good traction and handling.

Don't really know why I want anything other than the original dumbflops as they have given good service and reasonable traction. Heavier tread may just get me in trouble the more I think about it and they will add strain to the drivetrain. Don't really want to be busting stuff up 30 miles from nowhere when I'm alone. Some places you have to go to the top of a really tall hill to get cell reception. Some places its a ten mile trek to get to the right hill.

Mike

Old 12-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Good evening PSAR. Hope to get the parts I need tomorrow to get the Z back together. I had to cut the bearing carrier in three pieces to get it off the axle! One of the bearing races actually welded it self to the inner bearing spacer tube!

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread