Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dirtmomma
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dirtmomma
Thanks for the tips everyone
We checked the breakers, & fuses on the converter, all are good, Ron checked the fuses under the dash but i am thinking it MUST be something up there as the TV in front is not working no matter if the bus is running or not.
He is going to check the fusible link or something like that tomarrow so i guess we run the bus all night LOL j/k
It's probably just something STUPID we are overlooking maybe we'll figure it out tonight
thanks again</end quote></div>
A conversion Grayhound we had had a similar problem. Traced it to the transfer switch on the genset. Cured it by shutting off the main breaker feeding the bus, starting the genset and running the bus off it for a few minutes then shutting the genset off and going back to shore power. Never did it again.

It really sounds like you have a problem in the incoming power panel, are you sure you pushed the breakers to the extream "off" position to be sure they were reset if tripped? I know you did but that's what it sounds like.</end quote></div>

thanks ten [img][/img] I will be sure to show this to Ron, isn't a genset a generator? If so our onboard genni doesn't work @ the present time not has it since we've owned it, it's just wierd because we've been living in it a MONTH w/ NO issues the only thing we can think of is something happened when last night we noticed the dash lights & reading lights which have switches on the dash were dim SO Ron tried to start it by using the battery assist button that is on the dash [img][/img] then all heck broke loose????!!!

thanks again</end quote></div>

Sounds like you are running on 12 VDC rather than 110 AC in the bus. If you are in fact converting shore power to the low voltage and the problem started after attempting to start the bus as you said then I would take a close look at all of the battery connections and the solenoid that drops in when you use the assist button.

As I recall the way most of those systems are wired up if you had a bad connection or a bad battery allowing the lights to dim you very likely burned off a wire or connection when the high amperage load of starting the engine hit the system.

Hope it's a quick find and easy fix. One thing I have learned for sure is to keep all the connections on a battery system clean and tight.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Default Thanks NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Ok gang, would anybody like to meet for breakfast, anywhere Saturday morning, Tulalip, AOW, Dennys, doesn't matter to me? No big feast needed, just a friendly get together of friends breaking bread and chooting the chit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2008, 01:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod Speaking of the new Dirts Wheels, Ashley Clinton is becoming a regular in there!!!</end quote></div>

Hear ya there [img][/img]</end quote></div>
For some reason she loves that magazine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2008, 01:17 AM
Trailblazer

Ok gang, would anybody like to meet for breakfast, anywhere Saturday morning, Tulalip, AOW, Dennys, doesn't matter to me? No big feast needed, just a friendly get together of friends breaking bread and chooting the chit [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I would be in on that

Old 01-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Home from Phoenix and the first WORCS race...whewwwwwwwwwwww.

Hey DM, that sure is a lot of posts in a row with a lot of Smileys for a change. I read back from the 22nd.
Glad to see things are going good. good luck and hope they get finished up soon for you guys.

Hey Rod, I'm in the same boat as you. These tires are freaking expensive. I heard the bigger the wheel the more expensive the tire. Something about having to make the sidewalls stronger due to less rubber. I keep calling around trying to find a pair of Stock take offs. I need two sets, one for winter and one for towing. Can't get the load range I need in a good all-terrain tire, ggggrrrrr........

Read back so far I can't remember what all I was going to reply to.........

Old 01-31-2008, 01:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh ya,

I am going to sell the 2006 Raptor 5th wheel if you know anybody interested.
It's the 3814
14' garage
Single slide
And yes, it has the good cabinet doors [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].
Has the 10 year extra warranty, with 9-1/2 years left.

I am going to advertise on the internet, and honestly I am going to try and get as much as I can for it.
Not sure what I am going to ask yet though.
If I get no bites, I will lower the price.
If somebody here wants it, or know somebody that might, I may drop the price for them sooner than later.
I need to replace it, that is why I'm going to shoot high to get as much cash back for me as I can.

Feel free to PM with any questions, etc.
===================
I also have the '05 250ex on craigslist.
I had it sold for $2700, so that is what I'm asking.
Will go for $2500 to PSAR member or friend

Old 01-31-2008, 01:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh ya, now I remember what else.

Who says utilities can't jump ????????

HappaAirGriz..........I look forward to seeing the Big Bad Griz catching some air.

Name:  Quad_Sean3.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  87.9 KB

Old 01-31-2008, 02:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Ok gang, would anybody like to meet for breakfast, anywhere Saturday morning, Tulalip, AOW, Dennys, doesn't matter to me? No big feast needed, just a friendly get together of friends breaking bread and chooting the chit [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I vote for AOW, 8:30am?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Old 01-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay I vote for AOW, 8:30am?</end quote></div> Ok, we have one vote for Angel of the Winds, anybody else have a prefrence?

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread