Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

ok well since we are showing pics of new houses LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] here's a link to what my place looks like so far [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
land pics there is one uploading now of the front of our house [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dirtmomma

ok well since we are showing pics of new houses LOL [img][/img] here's a link to what my place looks like so far [img][/img]

land pics">http://picasaweb.google.com/Dirtmomma/NewHousePics[/S</a> there is one uploading now of the front of our house [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Your link doesn't work for me...

Old 02-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

linky no worky

Old 02-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyz

Here's the new house and the view:

House

We close in two weeks... I'm now looking for a pull behind lawn mower. Cabela's has a swisher that looks like it will do the trick.

I like to be informed on what I'm buying, but good-god people, there's too much freakin' information on washers, dryers and referigerators! Maybe I'm a simpleton, but don't washers just jiggle the clothes around in water, then spin them around? Dryers tumble the clothes at different heat settings for different times? Referigerators keep things cold and possibly dispense water and ice? Holy cow, what a list of choices and prices. Buying a quad is much more simple...</end quote></div>

Here's my unsolicited opinion, wanted or not. Go with front loader washer and triple door fridge with the freeze on the bottom. (and big freeze box on the back porch for fish and meat.)

Old 02-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

House

We close in two weeks... I'm now looking for a pull behind lawn mower. Cabela's has a swisher that looks like it will do the trick.

I like to be informed on what I'm buying, but good-god people, there's too much freakin' information on washers, dryers and referigerators! Maybe I'm a simpleton, but don't washers just jiggle the clothes around in water, then spin them around? Dryers tumble the clothes at different heat settings for different times? Referigerators keep things cold and possibly dispense water and ice? Holy cow, what a list of choices and prices. Buying a quad is much more simple...</end quote></div>

And thats a nice place. Exactly what we are looking for over here, but it's either too small or no lot or too much money. There was one 2180 sq ft on 3.7 acres for 299k but it was on the market for about a week before it sold.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TReX400

Here's my unsolicited opinion, wanted or not. Go with front loader washer and triple door fridge with the freeze on the bottom. (and big freeze box on the back porch for fish and meat.)</end quote></div>

We're leaning that way with the washer, dryer and refrigerator, but I'm not sure the big freeze box would go with the couch on the back porch...

Old 02-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

House

We ran an HVAC/R business for a number of years, a couple of the trucks also did washers, dryers and that sort of thing.

Most of the failures were control related, the digital types always seemed to give more trouble than the old twist **** systems. I'm not sure about the new equipment as I've been away from the trade for awhile but ten years ago nearly all of the clothes washers used fiber gears in the lower capacity units and aluminum or steel in the high capacity. Motor sizes were bigger in the larger capacity units. Dryers were all pretty much the same with small differences in motors and drum rollers. Price was not a real telling point on what was the best equipment to purchase. I would suggest that the KISS principal be remembered if you want longevity from the equipment. Long drop tubes for ice cubes and complex water systems add to the probability of early failures.

Our last several appliances have been purchased at Sears, their upper level equipment has, over the years, proven to be very reliable for us and always showed good service for our customers.

Swisher equipment has proven to be very good quality for us. I have a Swisher Rough Cut mower and the Swisher snow plow and bucket with the mounting system. The company has proven to be very helpful and any parts needed have arrived promptly. The mowers come with different engine options, get the biggest they offer, mowers really suck up the horsepower. Swisher has a good website you can Google up for a lot of information. I bought our stuff thru Cabela's as they had the best price even with the shipping.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dirtmomma

ok well since we are showing pics of new houses LOL [img][/img] here's a link to what my place looks like so far [img][/img]

land pics">http://picasaweb.google.com/Dirtmomma/NewHousePics[/S</a> there is one uploading now of the front of our house [img][/img]</end quote></div>

repaired link

Old 02-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TReX400

Here's my unsolicited opinion, wanted or not. Go with front loader washer and triple door fridge with the freeze on the bottom. (and big freeze box on the back porch for fish and meat.)</end quote></div>

We're leaning that way with the washer, dryer and refrigerator, but I'm not sure the big freeze box would go with the couch on the back porch...</end quote></div>

just throw a table cloth over it and call it an end table[img]i/expressions/light.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

I'm all for simplicity when it comes to appliances. I only use one setting on the washer and one setting on the dryer... not to complicated.

We've had little trouble with the appliances we currently own. We replaced the dryer a few years ago because the dial broke internally so we couldn't tell which cycle it was on. The washer had the transmission replaced 10 years ago under warranty (expired at the time, but GE covered it anyway).

We're looking at the front loaders, for a couple reasons. The washer uses less water per cycle (not that that's a huge issue, but why waste things if you don't need to), and the clothes come out with less water in them, so the dryer doesn't have to work as long. But the big factor is, you get a counter top above the machines to fold laundry.

Thanks for the input ten.

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread