Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Positive to positive is parallel(what Larry has), same voltage but twice the amperage. Positive to negative is series, twice the voltage but the same amperage as one battery.

Notes on Batteries

Old 07-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Old 07-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

Morning PSAR!

Congrats on the interview, DM. That's awesome!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MeIsCheech Positive to positive is parallel(what Larry has), same voltage but twice the amperage. Positive to negative is series, twice the voltage but the same amperage as one battery. Notes on Batteries</end quote></div>
So when my engine battery is dead, I'm cranking off two house batteries? Is that how parallel works? If it is, then I have double the amperage for cranking power so that even if the house batteries have half power (because of drainage) you can still crank over the engine (two half drained equal to one full power battery I guess).

So does this mean I can't have two 6v batteries, because of the ability to crank the engine from the house batteries? Is so, I'll just have to get deep cycle 12v and pay the price for them, if they make them.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:00 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

good morning PSAR!

Old 07-11-2008, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MeIsCheech Positive to positive is parallel(what Larry has), same voltage but twice the amperage. Positive to negative is series, twice the voltage but the same amperage as one battery. Notes on Batteries</end quote></div>

So when my engine battery is dead, I'm cranking off two house batteries? Is that how parallel works? If it is, then I have double the amperage for cranking power so that even if the house batteries have half power (because of drainage) you can still crank over the engine (two half drained equal to one full power battery I guess).

So does this mean I can't have two 6v batteries, because of the ability to crank the engine from the house batteries? Is so, I'll just have to get deep cycle 12v and pay the price for them, if they make them.</end quote></div>

Here is some more reading for U Larry, and also do a search for Battery at Rv net

Old 07-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

I found this on another site and thought it was pretty funny. Those that have had campers know exactly what this guy and gal went through. Justin and I have owned a camper and we actually did pretty well loading the camper onto his truck. There wasn't alot of room to mess up as I would be back there pushing on the camper to get it to go into the bed of the truck cuz it was such a tight fit.

So, the following is my normal loading process, but it is specifically based on our last trip to Yellowstone:

Very carefully back truck up squarely in front of camper, and then pull forward about one truck length

Carefully run camper all the way up on the electric jacks

With wife giving directions, carefully back truck under camper

Very carefully lower camper into truck bed and find that it's about 1 inch to the right of center

Run camper all the way back up on the electric jacks

Carefully pull forward, with wife as spotter, maneuver truck 1/2 inch to right and carefully back truck under camper for the second time

Lower camper back into truck bed and find that it's now about 1 inch to the left of center

Mumble something to self as I run camper all the way back up on the electric jacks again, wife says, "what did you say?" I respond, "nothing Dear"

Carefully pull forward, with wife as spotter, maneuver truck 1/2 inch to left and carefully back truck under camper for the third time

Lower camper into truck bed and find that it's now about 2 inches to the right of center

Blame dyslexic wife for lousy directions and not knowing her left from right as I run camper all the way back up on the electric jacks again.

Carefully pull forward, with no spotter now, maneuver truck 1 inch to right and carefully back truck under camper for the fourth time

Lower camper into truck bed and find that it's now about 2 inches to the left of center

Cuss useless dog as I run camper all the way back up on the electric jacks again

Pull the dang truck forward one more time, maneuver truck 1 inch to left and carefully back truck under camper for the fifth time

Lower camper back into truck bed and find that it's perfectly centered! Great! But it's also cocked about 10 degrees from straight

Cuss architect, prime contractor and concrete man that poured my driveway 5 years ago as I run the friggin' camper all the way back up on the electric jacks one more time

Go in house, apologize to wife and ask her resumed role as spotter

Pull that sorry Ford forward one more time, with wife back as spotter, maneuver truck and carefully back truck under camper for the sixth time

Lower camper back into truck bed and find that it's perfectly centered and perfectly straight! Great!

Congratulate nearsighted dyslexic wife for much improved directions and figuring out right from left and elbow from.............

After wife gives me a one finger salute and leaves for the second time I notice that the truck tail lights are touching camper because I forgot to put the %$#@!*&# plywood spacer between the front of the !@%$# camper and the%&*$#!!@ truck bed

Cuss the %#$@*&%! Ford engineer responsible for changing the #$%#!&* bed dimensions on the new Super %$#@!*&% Duty trucks as I run the &%!@$# camper all the way back up on the $%#@!!* electric jacks one more time so I can put the !$#@%$#@! plywood spacer in!

So finally, after several more attempts and a trip to the local truck stop for more diesel, I get the !@#$%#@! thing centered and straight on the !@#$%$#@! truck, tied down, boat on the hitch, wife and dog in the cab headed west for three !#@$%#@! fun filled #$%&*#! weeks in Yellow$%#@!@#@!Stone, Wyoming.

So, why is it important to own a dog if your wife helps you load your truck camper? I like having someone to talk to on the three day drive to Yellowstone.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Morning PSAR!

Old 07-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

So does this mean I can't have two 6v batteries, because of the ability to crank the engine from the house batteries? Is so, I'll just have to get deep cycle 12v and pay the price for them, if they make them.</end quote></div>

Nope I don't think so Larry as we have a button on the dash of ours if our engine battery is low we can hit it & it gets assistance from the house ones I do believe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but I could be wrong LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I know we have the button though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

LMAO good one Angie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] the last sentence is the best haha

thanks for the congrats [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good Morning PSAR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] man I slept in WAY to late today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img], had a late night, JayCee's Mom didn't get here till 11:45, Trev watched the new Alien vx. Pred earlier, woke up @ 12:30 "w/ a tummy ache" LOL, then couldn't get back to sleep I KNEW the waking up for Trev was coming [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Gonna go work on Ron's Dads farm for awhile I think, gonna make a little hard earned cash haha, that's AFTER I pick up friggin garbage here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] that a certain DOG knocked over & got into arggggg AGAIN!! OK well you all have a great day & enjoy the beautiful weather

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread