Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

DM, I have to say, I always look forward to reading your post. LOL I don't know why some of them just make me laugh.

I have had the same problem with the garbage. I did have a bungee over the lid but now I have a small chain over it that fits nice and snug and the damn neighbors dog can't get the lid off. Justin actually would take the garbage over to his house and put it on his front step AND justin told him to buy us new cans, cuz his dog broke our lid. It's not the kind of cans that I like but hey they were free!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MeIsCheech
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MeIsCheech Positive to positive is parallel(what Larry has), same voltage but twice the amperage. Positive to negative is series, twice the voltage but the same amperage as one battery. Notes on Batteries</end quote></div>
So when my engine battery is dead, I'm cranking off two house batteries? Is that how parallel works? If it is, then I have double the amperage for cranking power so that even if the house batteries have half power (because of drainage) you can still crank over the engine (two half drained equal to one full power battery I guess).
So does this mean I can't have two 6v batteries, because of the ability to crank the engine from the house batteries? Is so, I'll just have to get deep cycle 12v and pay the price for them, if they make them.</end quote></div>
Here is some more reading for U Larry, and also do a search for Battery at Rv net</end quote></div>
Larry:

Cheech and Happa have really answered your questions. The sites listed give a lot of good information about how a battery and a battery pack work.

To start from the pictures it appears you have two twelve volt batteries in parallel. The fact that the cables are hooked up with wing nuts indicate this is a deep cycle battery and designed for a long term low to moderate power draw. This battery pair can be replaced with two six volt batteries in series IF the six volters each have the same amp hour capacity as the combined rating of the two twelve volt batteries being replaced. Alternatively you could use four smaller six volt batteries if you have room in the box for them. These would be hooked up in two pairs with two batteries in series and then the two pairs in parallel. This is really my favorite method as I like to use the taller six volt golf cart batteries. Lots of amp hours and they take a lot of cycles in their lifespan. Bout the least expensive for capacity and longevity that I've found. You can, of course, stay with the two twelve volt batteries. This is sometimes the best way to go if the coach is not used a lot. Easy to take the batteries out and put them on a GOOD battery maintainer. You can find some really good ones in Cabela's or Bass Pro. The kind used on bass boats. Buy a cheap "maintenance charger" and your batteries are going to last a lot quicker. I think Cheech mentioned something about this.

I have never seen a coach that did not have a separate battery to crank the engine. Probably under the hood you will find the cranking battery and a device that allows the cranking battery and the coach batteries to be charged separately. This "battery isolator" keeps the cranking battery from bleeding back thru the charging circuit and feeding the lights and such in the coach.

A lot of coaches have the crossover switch to allow cranking the main engine off the house batteries. I've seen a few that did this automaticly, some of the old Dodge chassis, and they invariably had short lived house batteries. You mentioned that two "half full" batteries would be equal to one fully charged battery. If the batteries are all of equal capacity it won't work that way. I don't remember the numbers anymore, or even how to figure it out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img], but it seems like the two half fulls would equal about a two-thirds full single. Has to do with voltage drop and rate of discharge and such.

There is a lot of tricks and pitfalls when it comes to lead/acid batteries. We used Interstate for a number of years and then changed over to Les Schwab. Reason for this was customer service and availability. Quality seems to be about the same. For really good house batteries I preferred, as I mentioned, the bigger six volt golf cart batteries. Most important thing is having a good battery maintenance program with a really good maintenance charger system.

A very good rule of thumb to follow is if you have to replace one battery replace all that are on the same charging circuit.

Sorry to take so long to answer, SWMBO had a day off and that hasn't happened a lot recently.

Mike

Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: warriorqueen

DM, I have to say, I always look forward to reading your post. LOL I don't know why some of them just make me laugh.

I have had the same problem with the garbage. I did have a bungee over the lid but now I have a small chain over it that fits nice and snug and the damn neighbors dog can't get the lid off. Justin actually would take the garbage over to his house and put it on his front step AND justin told him to buy us new cans, cuz his dog broke our lid. It's not the kind of cans that I like but hey they were free!!! [img][/img]</end quote></div>

LOL probaby cuz I have so many STUPID posts & issues [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but I like to keep people entertained hahaha

Yeah I tried the bungees, maybe I'll have to do chains or MAYBE the damn dog will learn to stay out of them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] yea right huh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] funny thing is I don't even have to say anything when I walk out there I just look @ him & he gets those damn puppy dog eyes going & cowers like he's been beat!!
Did get all the crap picked up up here, then had to go down to our trailer we have bags on outside the fence & fix that I threw a tarp over it, was hoping to get it taken to dump this weekend, BUT someone had to pay a $200 ticket [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] for no tabs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img], now he's also got a SPEEDING ticket coming up GOOD GOD man slow yer azz down MR. SANDVIG yes that would be RON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He biotches about DJ LMAO, they are both doing quite well let me tell you!! Funny thing is Ron is always telling me to slow down [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] last time I got one was about 11 yrs. ago knock on wood [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ok so there is another laugh for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] You ready to have that baby gurl yet???? Probably any time now huh, keep us in the loop

Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

I just wanted to share my beautiful highly cultivated specimen of exotic plant species that now has started to peek at the neighbor, I call it my Peeping Penelope [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250 Morning PSAR!</end quote></div>
Seems you are posting a little later each day, are you getting used to sleeping in? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Here's the battery boost in the cab, engine has its own battery, if it goes dead you hit battery boost on to start the engine. You also have the option of running the radio off engine or house batteries.

Name:  IMG_2165.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  30.6 KB

Old 07-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

I just wanted to share my beautiful highly cultivated specimen of exotic plant species that now has started to peek at the neighbor, I call it my Peeping Penelope [img][/img]
</end quote></div>

Ummm, I'm not sure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img], but I think we spray for that on the farm. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

good evening everyone, had to come back early they only allow a stay of 7 days per calender year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and would not give us a 2 day extension. oh well we had a great time my quad only went off 1 cliff without any major damage to the rider or the bike thank god sammy could have been hurt bad but she bailed right when she knew the bike was going over and it stopped about 30 feet down it was heck trying to get it back up. but in all it was a great trip, my directions were very bad sorry but i got them from my B.I.L we were up c-line road and had a great view but next time i think we will try and get a spot in the camp ground. our next planed trip is cabin creek on labor day weekend.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dirtmomma Well I just talked to the gal from Boeing & I GOT AN INTERVIEW ON TUES. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm SOOOOOOO stoked!!!!!!!!!!! She went over all the bennies ect. how AWESOME & it's day shift 5:30-1 PERFECT pay isn't the best but the bennies will definetly make up for it </end quote></div>

Good Luck on the interview, pay will increase over time, can't beat that shift [img][/img]</end quote></div>

This is no joke:

My first week at work in 1989 I went out to dinner at Godfather's Pizza for dinner, they had an advertisement at the table for a delivery driver. It was 50 cents more per hour than I was making. I seriously thought WTF? But you both hit the nail on the head, bennies right now and pay over time, not to mention it's not dependant on the local economy with a huge cash flow allowing great opportunity to move around.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

I just wanted to share my beautiful highly cultivated specimen of exotic plant species that now has started to peek at the neighbor, I call it my Peeping Penelope [img][/img]

</end quote></div>

LMAO Larry that's a BEAUTY [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] heck I could post some nice pics of our Peeping Blackberries [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I really can't believe people pay MONEY for that stuff to plant haha

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread