Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Red400EXRod

Jayna, I used to have a DG style bumper on the front of my 450R and it created a big shadow effect from the headlight while riding at night.

Something you may want to consider when choosing a new bumper.</end quote></div>

Yeah, that happened with my last one, but painting it black fixed it....Gonna get this one black to match

Old 12-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Jayna I have the Summit one on the bottom, at least thats what I think it is anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] really like it nice & wide [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Afternoon PSAR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well today turned out to be a good day got off work early, went on to my dentist appt. w/ NO issues [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] that dentist ROCKS I'm telling you, she gave me like 7 shots in my upper gums & i didn't feel a ONE, then NOTHING in the lower one either I THINK I LOVE HER LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] so got the right side of my mouth all deeeeeeeply cleaned WOW my teeth are WHITE again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] now next week I get the left side done & I'll have a nice bright smile again........................well except I do need to get my one tooth bleached but that's another 300 smackaroos, gonna have to save for that one....................DAMN horses haha (YEARSSSSSSSSSS AGO my horse knocked it out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])
I really thought I'd be in alot more pain guess the sissy vicodin I took just in case worked haha

Anyway have a good night all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Hey Rod, what do you think?

480R

Old 12-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Larry, Everyone at work knows you by name now. They hear the horn and say " There goes Larry!" LOL!

Old 12-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed

Thinking this will be my new bumper choice...

Maybe this one, but probably the first

in a gloss black....</end quote></div>

Both very nice, but might I suggest something a bit sturdier? Perhaps a three foot section of 90 Lb rail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]</end quote></div>

That might not be a bad idea...Something to fend off the over-biked, unsupervised 12 year-olds [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Maybe just a cattle catcher on the front....</end quote></div>

These bumbers are real sturdy! I was thinking that maybe one that gives a little more will take more shock. Kind of like your last one.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250 Hey Larry, Everyone at work knows you by name now. They hear the horn and say " There goes Larry!" LOL!</end quote></div>
I had a older Freightliner today, it has a real airhorn, those Volvo's have very weak airhorns, the horns are actually mounted under the cabs and produce a weird sound. My POS Volvo's in the shop, again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img], with a slow air leak and a blown rearend seal [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I actually had to do some shifting today, man my ankle was killing me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2008, 04:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed
Thinking this will be my new bumper choice...

Maybe this one, but probably the first

in a gloss black....</end quote></div>
Both very nice, but might I suggest something a bit sturdier? Perhaps a three foot section of 90 Lb rail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]</end quote></div>
That might not be a bad idea...Something to fend off the over-biked, unsupervised 12 year-olds [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Maybe just a cattle catcher on the front....</end quote></div>
These bumbers are real sturdy! I was thinking that maybe one that gives a little more will take more shock. Kind of like your last one.</end quote></div>

Yeah, that's a good point...the top one is thicker tubing, which is why I was thinking of choosing it to take a hit, but having give to absorb some impact(hopefully not any more though, thank you) might be a better way to go.

Found a steering dampener for the z400 last week, too. I think the one I have on the LTR probably saved my wrists and such from worse injury.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Old 12-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Good Morning PSAR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Swell way to start off the day, hot coffee and fresh biscuits with gravy. Yummy!

Hap, must have been like going to the dark ages to have to shift gears again. Know what you mean about those Volvo's, much prefer K-wobblies or Pete's. Love those old Grover air horns, I'd like to figure a way to mount one on my quad. That would make those cows jump! [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img]

You all have a great day, I'm gonna.

Mike

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread