Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nwcutie

Oh, BTW, on TUESDAY, I am going to try and book Honeyman for THANKSGIVING (i.e. Sandy Turkey 08) I like Florence and I like having hookups, plus I can fit into one spot at Honeyman instead of having to book 2 at Horsfall.

So, anyone who wants to book it too, go for it. I can fit into some of the spots at Horsfall Beach - if you decide to go there, post up [img][/img]

OK, now I really gots to go - the truck is blocking the culdesac.</end quote></div>

Just remember to wait a week before booking any other site at any other campground and you should be ok... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 02-17-2008, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap Randy, Are those new wheels and an axle?</end quote></div> Hap, New 12 paddle Bead to Bead extremes, new +8'' swinger and a new JJ&A play axle with a mod quad bearing carrier and a reworked OEM rear shock. Also got a lockup clutch so no more burnt clutches, that parts bullet proof now. I also freshened up the head and installed an ARP stud kit so she's NOS ready if I ever get the urge to spray it. The only thing left is a pair of Fox Floats for the front when I get the money saved up to buy them.</end quote></div>

Wow, that is one sweet setup, can't wait to see it at Winchester. Is that a T-Dub Swinger? I figured that was a JJ&A Play Axle [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Thanks Larry ! yes, it's a T-Dub +8'' I also have a T-Dub +6'' in chrome as well.
Since I got the lockup and got it dialed in the +4'' just wouldn't cut it anymore at all. I swear that lockup made it feel like I put a bunch more power in it, I mean I knew I was slipping clutches but even when I would put a fresh one in and it didn't seem to be slipping....it wasn't anything like it is with the lockup in it, the difference is night and day now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Wow Randy, your machine is looking great! I am certain it is screaming fast now, too.
That lockup clutch doesn't allow for any slipping the clutch, right? So it really wouldn't be a good application for my Z400 which I ride on trails as well as dunes...?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap Randy, Are those new wheels and an axle?</end quote></div> Hap, New 12 paddle Bead to Bead extremes, new +8'' swinger and a new JJ&A play axle with a mod quad bearing carrier and a reworked OEM rear shock. Also got a lockup clutch so no more burnt clutches, that parts bullet proof now. I also freshened up the head and installed an ARP stud kit so she's NOS ready if I ever get the urge to spray it. The only thing left is a pair of Fox Floats for the front when I get the money saved up to buy them.</end quote></div>

Wow, that is one sweet setup, can't wait to see it at Winchester. Is that a T-Dub Swinger? I figured that was a JJ&A Play Axle [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Thanks Larry ! yes, it's a T-Dub +8'' I also have a T-Dub +6'' in chrome as well.

Since I got the lockup and got it dialed in the +4'' just wouldn't cut it anymore at all. I swear that lockup made it feel like I put a bunch more power in it, I mean I knew I was slipping clutches but even when I would put a fresh one in and it didn't seem to be slipping....it wasn't anything like it is with the lockup in it, the difference is night and day now [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif" border="0[/IMG]</end quote></div>

Old 02-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27 Thanks Larry ! yes, it's a T-Dub +8'' I also have a T-Dub +6'' in chrome as well. Since I got the lockup and got it dialed in the +4'' just wouldn't cut it anymore at all. I swear that lockup made it feel like I put a bunch more power in it, I mean I knew I was slipping clutches but even when I would put a fresh one in and it didn't seem to be slipping....it wasn't anything like it is with the lockup in it, the difference is night and day now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]</end quote></div>
You've done a wonderful job on it, again, can't wait to see it at Winchester.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Hey Karl,

Did you and Tami move into the new house and just leave Jacob at the old house, haven't heard any response to his reaction of the new house.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay

Wow Randy, your machine is looking great! I am certain it is screaming fast now, too.

That lockup clutch doesn't allow for any slipping the clutch, right? So it really wouldn't be a good application for my Z400 which I ride on trails as well as dunes...? </end quote></div>

Thanks Jayna ! How you doing ? Long time no see.

The lockup doesn't change the way the clutch works for starting, stopping or just riding along, the bike still rides the same. What it does do is apply additional pressure to your pressure plates via weight that apply as RPM is increased. You can run stock clutch springs and not have real hard clutch pull and you don't over power the clutches and smoke them.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Here's a video a friend took last Sept at the Raptor Rally in Florence Oregon. Tony AKA YFZ FryGuy was piloting BigD's drag Rappy. The Honda was a 500+cc big bore and stroker.

Video Clip

Old 02-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27 Here's a video a friend took last Sept at the Raptor Rally in Florence Oregon. Tony AKA YFZ FryGuy was piloting BigD's drag Rappy. The Honda was a 500+cc big bore and stroker.
Video clip</end quote></div>
That link just takes you to Photobucket Home Page, what's the title of the video?

Old 02-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

Try in now...I checked it and it worked befoe I posted. I reposted the link and for right now it's working. It's not my photo bucket account it's my friends and I just copied the link he sent me and pasted it.

Link

Old 02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Randy,

Good Job on the hill, you got a runner there for sure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread