Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HappaRap

Randy,

Good Job on the hill, you got a runner there for sure [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Thanks Larry, I'm hoping it runs a little harder this dune season. I got my work cut out for me. Everyone has stepped up there game and by todays standards my 780 is now small compared to the 797's 825's and 843 based 700R builds that will be in Windy bay the weekend of our trip. I probably don't stand much of a chance against the dedicated Hill bikes any more, there lighter and quicker....but they don't dune like mine does so I'm real happy with it for a combo duner/Hill shooter.
I just can't justify not being able to do anything but race the hill with it. I love my tree shots and rat racing around the dunes and just hanging it out on the rappy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Have a good evening

Old 02-18-2008, 09:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Froggy Presidents Day Monday PSAR

Old 02-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

good mornin everyone

Old 02-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Good Morning PSAR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Wow what a nice day yesterday, got some little things done around here, kinda hard to fix, plant any plants right now so we checked out the wood pile(treated lumber) to see what we had & seperate it to dry out a little.

Went shopping [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] a little too, got us a new TV [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] we are now official LOL getting up w/ the times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] picked up a 42"LCD flatscreen it's an Olivia(something like that) has a good rating in consumer buys book so thats cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Also finally found the ottoman I've been looking for for Ron, he wanted a storage one for his PS2 games/controllers so he got spoiled yesterday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] he's gonna LOVE playing games on that new TV

NO contractors, workers or anything today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I would of had that dang house DONE by now, I'm starting to get irritated some!!!! They came Sat. & put the siding on the marriage line outside, 1 guy working 2 just standing(why they couldn't be inside working I do not know) Hmmmmmmm Just have some doors & trim to hang inside & put some carpet down COME ON FOLKS GIT ER DONE!!!!!!!

I'm starting to get very very ancy to get in there, getting sick of being in the bus officially now!!

I went & told my work I won't be back for a few months or so, they were cool w/ it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] not sure when I am going back but it may be after summer we will see how all this work comes along!! Ron will be bringing home the bacon & I will be making the house/yard purty [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] gotta do some spending cuts of course but that's ok!!! Trevor is doing better w/ me home so that is what matters, I may try to figure something out to do from home to make some $$ the ideal would be to work from my puter but we will see!! My Mom & I will be having a little store in the general store for awhile, all the stuff that doesn't go in my house & that we don't want anymore we are fixing up the store down below & going to have an ongoing indoor yard sale [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] should be able to do good!! Kind of a 2nd hand store I guess you could say [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ok well have a great day enjoy the sun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Range Rover

Weather in Florence couldn't have been better!! We arrived at Honeyman about 2 pm on Friday so we were able to get a ride in before it got dark on us. We were doing some racing down on the flats on Friday and we saw a new Silver Dodge 1500 with it's red and blue lights on coming toward us..... Yeah we thought for sure we were busted but then all of the sudden he turned and stopped a group of guys just sitting not far from us. So when we saw that he was busy with them we decided to go down to the beach to get out of his way!!! I didn't want to start off my weekend with a couple of tickets...... So we did the sea grass trails along the ocean and headed back to camp for some dinner. We did a lot of riding on Saturday and Sunday. We were planning on leaving today and getting back late but we decided to pack up and leave late afternoon on Sunday. We made it back to puyallup in 5 1/2 hours with just one rest area stop. So needless to say we had a GREAT weekend!!! Our next trip is Horsfall for Memorial day which will be my first at Coos Bay.

Has anyone stayed at Sand Frontier campground in Florence right next to Honeyman?

Old 02-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Wow, 4 posts all day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Tbones450

Has anyone stayed at Sand Frontier campground in Florence right next to Honeyman?</end quote></div>

Yep, I love that place, no hookups but they have both single and group sites. Not parking lot camping like at Driftwood and direct dune access that comes out right by the new comp race hill.
It's my favorite place to stay in Florence...but I don't mind getting sand in my toy hauler....some think it's too dirty there, if your not a clean freak it's a great place to stay IMHO.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Range Rover

I know someone that always stays there and so i discovered this past weekend. The office says they don't open until march but the place was damn near full so how did they all get spots? I will be calling the first week of March to get a couple weekends if available. I assume the group sites are like 62 and 63 because they were huge spots. Like you said it's in the right location with the new comp hill right there.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Range Rover

Damn double post....

Old 02-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Had to get a cortizone shot in my ankle today, still too much swelling and pain this far post op, back to icing and anti inflamatories. It sucks getting old and having surgeries, things don't heal like they used to 20 yrs ago [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread