Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Minnesota Riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minnesota Riders

What can i say im keeping all options open. Plus remember i have owned a raptor before [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] but i guess well all have to wait in see what i unvale the first time i ride with you guys this spring/summer.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Minnesota Riders

Sorry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

So is anyone still interested in making a trip to some sand dunes this summer? silver lake or little sahara?

Old 02-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

Just an FYI, since I'm getting spring fever here... I went to Tri-County and walked down the straightaway and into the pit. There are a few drifts probably a foot deep at the most down the main stretch. However, the pit itself looks very ridable. We only have maybe a few inches of snow down in the pit, and the top part of the hills is bare. I think virtually any adult quad could navigate at least through the pits at this time. The big sand hill is probably a go too.

Depending on if the weather warms up to near 40 on Sunday, I might head out that way with the quad.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigsled

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Eli75

Hello all! I'm new here as you can tell by my post count.

I live about 30 miles south of St Cloud. I do most of my riding in Foot Hills state forest near Pine River.

I have an 06 Raptor 700, 05 Kodiak 450, and 00 400ex.</end quote></div>

welcome .... we are a good size group that ride raptors and 450 sport quads .. we ride pretty fast. 120 to 200 miles. mostly 4th and 5th gear. usually day trips about 2 hrs from mpls/st paul either north /east into wi or east into wi. if thats something you're interested in . mabey we can hook up when the trails are ready.</end quote></div>

That sounds like fun, I'd be interested. I've never ridden in WI before. Hopefully I can keep up.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: deanz400

Eli75 welcome ,Spider lake is awesome place to ride ,my favorite ,

plenty of other trails to</end quote></div>

Thanks. Spider lake used to be a lot more fun before they started shutting down trails, gravel pits, and camp sites. It's still a great place to ride though.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Tapper1823

So is anyone still interested in making a trip to some sand dunes this summer? silver lake or little sahara?</end quote></div>

When are you going? We usually go in september when it starts to cool down a bit. I personally like silver lake better than little sahara. I like the controlled one way direction over the big dunes so you don't have to worry about head on collisions as much.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

i Would like to go during the summer sometime. Isn't little sahara bigger than silver lake? i dont care which one i go to just as long as i get to ride some sand! to get to silver lake do you have to go around wis? or is there some type of ferry that goes from wis to michigan?

Old 02-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Minnesota Riders

Little Sahara is bigger, but like at Silver Lake we found certain areas that we liked and mostly rode those.

For Silver lake, you can take the car ferry from manitowac wi to ludington mi. We took it once, it does shave off some time and is a nice break, but I dont know if it's worth the cost. On the day that we went, the waves were abnormally high and the boat was really rocking. There were people puking all over, I had to lay on my back on the deck. We were supposed to take it back on the way home, but it was broke down on the wi side when we got there. It is nice because ludington is about 30 miles from silver lake.

The other route is down around lake mi and through chicago. There are a ton a toll booths though. We tried going north through the u.p., but it seemed to take a lot longer. I wasn't able to make it last year, my friends made it in record time at around 10 hours. They had perfect traffic through chicago.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

St.Anthony is always a possibility zbutcher suggested that. idk the cost of stuff there for camping, food or gas but i think hes checking it out.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Riders