Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Minnesota Riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Tapper1823

St.Anthony is always a possibility zbutcher suggested that. idk the cost of stuff there for camping, food or gas but i think hes checking it out.</end quote></div>

It all depends on what youre looking for. St Anthony isnt much further than Little Sahara,...maybe 2 hours longer, but quite a bit more space, and much, much steeper climbs. Its worth it to go further, the exerience will be better. It seems like LS is crowded, and accidents seem to be more likely. SA has lots of elbow room.
If youve never been to the sand, then Little Sah might be a good choice, because you really dont need sand tires to ride the whole thing. SA would really suck without sand tires. The camping at St A is much better, and so is the scenery. In the middle of summer, SA is much more enjoyable than the heat and humidity of OK.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Range Rover
Default Minnesota Riders

I will be hitting the sand this summer for the first time. A couple friends and I are heading out to St. A's in June. They went to LS last summer and said it was crowded and weren't able to hit as many spots as they wish they could have. St. A's should allow us to run all day and barely see another soul.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Range Rover
Default Minnesota Riders

Man, I need to get my grizzly on some real ATV trails. the ditches are getting boring. Has anyone rode the trails on the northern outskirts of Jordan off 169? the ones by the trailer park in the woods. I was wondering if these are legal trails or not.
Tomorrow, I'm going to drive up to the Chengwatana trails to try them out. are they any good?

Old 02-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Range Rover
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gohip2000

Man, I need to get my grizzly on some real ATV trails. the ditches are getting boring. Has anyone rode the trails on the northern outskirts of Jordan off 169? the ones by the trailer park in the woods. I was wondering if these are legal trails or not.

Tomorrow, I'm going to drive up to the Chengwatana trails to try them out. are they any good?</end quote></div>

If your up for a good winter ride. There's a little event called The Big Chill. And will be hitting the trails around the haward-rice lake area in Wisconsin. I am going to run up there for a day.

Check it out here: http://www.atvnation.com/forum...ex.php?showtopic=19917

Old 02-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Range Rover
Default Minnesota Riders

Hey, thanks for the link. that sounds like fun. I'm too broke to take off of work right now , but maybe next year. I ride all winter because it is basically the only time you can ride ditches. I even ride when it's below zero. I'm going to hit up chengwatana today. I've never been there and I'm taking my friend who is just recently showing an interest in atv riding (thanks to my grizz 700).
I'll be riding my 1985honda 90cc 3wheeler though cause he can't really fit on it, which is fine, I'll just have to steel my quad back from him every once in a while.
should be fun.
well I've gotta go load up my quad.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hondabuster

St.Anthony is always a possibility zbutcher suggested that. idk the cost of stuff there for camping, food or gas but i think hes checking it out.</end quote></div>

It all depends on what youre looking for. St Anthony isnt much further than Little Sahara,...maybe 2 hours longer, but quite a bit more space, and much, much steeper climbs. Its worth it to go further, the exerience will be better. It seems like LS is crowded, and accidents seem to be more likely. SA has lots of elbow room.
</end quote></div>

Well map quest say's SA is about 1100 mile's or so 17 hours give or take..

HB was there last year I think, HB could Ya help out w/ that a bit sir..

Where did you guy's stay??
would ya stay there again??
How much was it to stay there??
Around what was the total fuel damage??

Sorry for all the ?

But If I would go I would like to see @ least 3 other's or more to tag along would be a good time...

klier U make it down to the pit???

Old 02-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

Instead of hitting Tri-County, I actually ventured out to our MX Track on Sunday with a group of other guys. It was actually really, really fun. The track became near glare ice at the end of the day, and making the jumps became tricky if you didn't already have speed built up. Everybody started to spin out on the berms. Really tricky to keep control.

It was great fun to get out again and do some riding again. I can't wait until the big tracks open again.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

A few clips of the fun on Sunday in "Glorious Hi-Def (tm)" right here:

http://www.vimeo.com/album/7909

Old 02-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

Thats pretty sweet. how do they like there ktm's?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Minnesota Riders

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ZButcheR

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: hondabuster

</end quote></div>

Well map quest say's SA is about 1100 mile's or so 17 hours give or take..

HB was there last year I think, HB could Ya help out w/ that a bit sir..

Where did you guy's stay??

would ya stay there again??

How much was it to stay there??

Around what was the total fuel damage??

Sorry for all the ?

But If I would go I would like to see @ least 3 other's or more to tag along would be a good time...

klier U make it down to the pit???</end quote></div>

1. Sandhills resort
2. Stayed there two times and would stay there again
but you have to make reservations early cause they
fill up. Cost was 25-30 a night if I rember correctly.
The only down side to sandhills is that it is at the other end
of the dunes from the big stuff.
3. Fuel was about 350 each, there was 3 of us to split it.
Another hilight of the trip was riding around
west yellowstone for a day on the way out.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Riders