Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Renting ATV's in Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2001, 10:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My girlfriend and I will be vacationing in Hawaii for 2 weeks in March. Too my surprise, she asked me if I would be interested in renting some quads for a day. Has anyone done this before? I'm looking for info on where, cost, and contact info?
Thanks for your time.

Old 01-15-2001, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider

ATV Outfitters Hawaii, Ltd.
P.O. Box 475
Kapaau, HI 96755
1-888-ATV-7288 or 808-889-6000
www.outfittershawaii.com
atv@outfittershawaii.com

Chris, I can't remember the rates. It is in the northwest corner of the big island. Map. We stayed at the Kona Village near Kona, and it was about an hour drive.

Old 01-16-2001, 01:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

well, if you are staying on Ohau in Waikiki have i got a killer place for you to go. it is called Kualoa Ranch, kualoa.com --check out their site--we went there last feb. and it is totally awesome. Take the longest ATV tour they offer, i think it was 2hrs. or something, and you will get the bigger quad. Make sure to ask for Gordon(hope he still works there), he will show you a wonderful time, if you tell him that Carrie&Randy from SC told you about it I am sure he will remember us and then he will give you a ride you will never forget. We went 3 times during our 2 week stay and would do it again, it is well worth the money spent!!
There is also another place we went to just one time, it was ok, the quads were governed so you couldnt go very fast and you could not change gears, so it pretty much sucked. The ride was ok though , would have loved to have been cut loose to ride on my own. Unfortunately there was no where to do that on Ohau. You are sure to see a brochure in the hotel you will be staying about this place, it has been a year since i went so my memory fails me.
I found out about both places before we went by researching online. Go to a search engine and type in atv hawaii and you will find out all you want to know. There are places on the other islands too. Have fun!

Ride on.........

a~night~rider

Old 01-16-2001, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Double Post
Sorry

Old 01-16-2001, 01:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

triple post
i dont know how the hell i done that
sorry

Old 01-18-2001, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

My wife and I went last year on the big island. It was nice. The bikes were not that fast or big, but the views were incredible. If you ask you can easily find them by weimea. Cheap!

Old 01-28-2001, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

Good Luck, I lived there for a while, and I don't remember seeing any quads, except for the beach cops, and they are the only legal riders there, It's not legal as far as I know to ride quads on the beach, and the island is only 16 miles long.

Old 03-10-2002, 05:58 AM
Trailblazer

i live in hawaii. on the island of Oahu. quads are legal here. just as they are in the other 49 states. same rules apply. no street riding. riding on the beach is not legal but if you know what beach to go to the cops don't care. Kualoa ranch is the best place to rent quads on Oahu. they only offer LT80's and yamaha breezes to ride. the quads are not the best but the views are great. alot of movies are filmed at the ranch and the sets are part of the tour. pretty cool stuff. my cousin use to work their so we use to ride their quite often.

Old 03-17-2002, 01:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Do you happen to know Gordon by any chance? I went in Feb. of 2000, was your cousin working there at that time? Just curious.

Old 03-17-2002, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

good info cuz, i plan on returning some time with kids they will love that .mahalo..foneguy

Quick Reply: Renting ATV's in Hawaii