Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

They block my favorite trail with rocks.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2001, 08:21 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this trail i LOVE to go to! Old zoo property! They have blocked off the trail with boulders....i am soooooooooooooo mad! i am really getting sick of this! Noone causes any problems when they go there..they police go there and leave everyone alone as long as they are registered! i am trying to avoid hauling my quad...but not for much longer! sorry i just had to get this of my chest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someday we can ride in peace!

Old 01-20-2001, 11:17 AM
Trailblazer

no way around them>? like make a path around them?? can u go over them, there is one block off near my house and i go over the rocks...

01 400EX Yellow

Old 01-20-2001, 03:27 PM
Range Rover

Get a big peice of plywood set it up and jump over them lol hey it'll probly work. wE have the same prob down here we just make a trail around them or find another way to get in so you dont have to ruin the woods making another trail.

1991 Lt250r :
Ceet seat cover,DG alloy front bumper,DG alloy rear grabar,DG alloy nerf bars ,Emgo bars,Pro design kill switch,Pual turner pipe,Fatboy silencer,Maier plastic(Looks awsome I put lots of cool stickers on it),Uni air filter,Shockwears,Parking brake block off,RTC clutch lever,Motion pro twist throttle(took a while to get used to!),Leager A arms ,Ohlins front shocks(got them with the quad the look kinda old),Homemade motor skid(from speed limit sign),Turf tammers on back,IPT hole shot up front,And probly other stuff to but I cant think of all of them rite now. Please go to http://www.screaminglt250r.homestead.com

Old 01-23-2001, 02:10 PM
MNT
Pro Rider

If it's not your property, stay off!
Sorry, should have added, or is a legal area to ride also.

Old 01-23-2001, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

it sounds like they are tring to give ya on heck of a hint, I'd take it if I was you.

Old 01-23-2001, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

I assume this is the same area you mentioned in the NH riding post. I'm not even sure what the "Old Benson's place" is. Was Benson's a hardware store? That's the only thing I can think of. Where are you talking about?

Anyway, transporting your quad to a riding spot isn't the worst thing in the world. Getting it impounded and having to pay to get it back because you were trespassing isn't the worst either but it's getting closer.

Far be it from me to preach about where to ride but there are so many riding areas around here, that I can't imagine getting too upset about having to go around some rocks to get to one. Is this private property you are on?

Why don't you email me sometime, we'll go riding. I'll come and help you find a way around those rocks.

Old 01-24-2001, 08:17 AM
Range Rover

Benson's is an old zoo, its a cool place to ride.i am surprised you havent heard of it. it is private property, the police dont bother you. The place that is blocked is the trail to get to the zoo. People have made a go around, but i am scared to go there! I have avoided tickets so far, not sure i could avoid this one though if i get caught! Eventually i would like to go to Clough State Park NH, heard riding there is great. We have a hard time justifing getting a babysitter to go riding. That's why i go alone alot and stay close to home in case i have to call my husband to bail me out! hehe!

Old 01-28-2001, 12:01 AM
MNT
Pro Rider

You guys really need to stop riding an area if someone posts the land. It gives ALL ATVers a bad name when this stuff gets around. Trust me.

Old 01-28-2001, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im sorry,but MNT is correct.DONT ride around the rocks and stay out of this area.The rocks were put there for a reason,to keep ATVs out and that does NOT disinclude YOU!

I have had a similer riding area blocked off too and become very pissed about it,but I will accomplish NOTHING good for ATVers by FINDING a way around the gaurd post.I hope you stay out and find another area to ride,
Bill

Old 01-29-2001, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Girlatvr2,
you sound pretty determined to ride on the land. The best thing to do is avoid getting into trouble. If you really want to ride there then find out who owns the property. (County Recorders office can tell you). Call the owner up and talk to them about riding on their land. If they will let you ride then get a written permission slip from them. If they don't want you there then you will have to find some where else to ride. Above all be nice, because the way you behave is a reflection on all of us who ride.
As far as the other comments, of going around the rocks, were really immature. You are just giving the enviromentalists more evidence that ATV's are destructive. We need to ride smart and ride where we are allowed. If a road is blocked then obey!!!! The people who placed those rocks there are trying to protect something...even you!!! We don't need a few disrespectful jerks ruining it for the rest of us. Enough of our land is being closed down. We need to do what we can to show that we care just as much about the enviroment as the enviromentalists. Part of that comes from riding on designated trails and roads.

Quick Reply: They block my favorite trail with rocks.......