Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Southern Michigan/Northern Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Southern Michigan/Northern Ohio

Anyone know of some good places in Southern Michigan or Northern Ohio to ride??

Old 04-15-2008, 12:39 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would be greatly interested in hearing about any places myself

Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Range Rover

LOL - not much response on this one - might be on our own here. Where abouts are ya?? We live west of Toledo - pretty much on the state line. What kind of rides you got? Closest place i have come up with is Maumme State Forest - havent checked this year to see if they still allow it but cant imagine they dont.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard rumors of a large park going in off of US23 between ida and dundee, it is supposed to have a mud bog section, trails, and a MX track. I dont know if it is just BS or if it is true, but that is really close to home for me so I hope its true.

Other than that, there is a little mx track near dundee called Super coops, I dont know much about it other than what I read online from searching for info on the "rumored park".

Old 04-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Range Rover

Cool - thanks for the info - will keep my ears peeled to see what happnes. Thanks again!!!

Old 04-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ya Maumee Forest is still open. I live about 5 minutes away but its pretty much under water. At least last weekend was. When its dry, pretty good place to ride if you like choppy trails.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have about 50 trails in MI, many in the upper half of the lower peninsula. You need a $16 ORV sticker to ride for a year and that's all. I think that applies to non-residents too, but if you have an ORV/ATV license from your state you might not need it. Check with the MI DNR. Most of the trails are state trails, but some of the trails are U.S. Forest Service so you need a spark arrestor. Don't even bother going to The Mounds. It's the only place in the state where you have to pay.

Bull Gap is very popular and has the only big hillclimb I know of. Sand rails and jeeps climb it too. The hillclimb is closed at night but all the trails are open 24/7. Most are open year-round but some are snowmobile only in the winter. It's probably going to take a good 4 hours to get there from Toledo, but there are lots of campgrounds in the area. You can ride the quads out of Mack Lake or The Meadows campgrounds directly onto the trail. The Meadows is on the west side of hwy M33 and connected to Bull Gap on the east side and now it connects with the Huron trail so you can ride halfway across the state, all the way to within a few miles of Lake Huron. It would take two days to ride all of Bull Gap, Huron trail, and the Meadows. Bull Gap has several parking lots. The one on M33 is the easiest to find. Print your maps and find your way north on the A trail, to the hillclimb/scramble area. the H and I trails are fire lanes that have cars and trucks on them too, but you can go wide open throttle for awhile before you head back into the woods. No speed limit anywhere on the trails, but I usually end up going 15-20mph when I'm not on the roads. Most of the trails are single lane with two-way traffic so be careful, and have fun.