Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Reading Anthracite today

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jay the video is posted under the ATV videos section of this forum. There is a link to the video, just click on it.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone have any of the area gps'd. A friend and I are heading up tomorrow morning. Planning to park off of Burma Road or behind the Walmart since that seems to be the only places I've found mentioned so far. I've been looking at google earth and from what others are saying, you can ride all the way over to Duncott. The RAC maps are kinda hard to figure out. Guess we'll just wing it. Should be going up at least once a week from now until late fall. Monday though Thursday I am free if anyone wants to meet up. We'll be on a blue '05 Raptor 660 and a blue '07 Wolverine 450...

Old 09-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Trailblazer

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and so far it looks great! I know this is an old post but we are thinking about heading up to the Reading Anthracite next Weekend. I have contacted the lady in charge of the permits and they are still available. Can anyone help me with a good place to park and unload? I am primarily looking for good trail riding and don't care that much about hill climbs. I hear there are hours and hours of trails to ride so if someone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. We will be coming from 78 heading north on 61 to get there. Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Kevin once you exit RT 78 (Exit 29B, "Cabelas exit) You take 61 north for about 20 miles to the town of ST Clair. Turn right at the light on East Hancock St and proceed to travel through the small town. That road will soon turn into Burma rd, after it turns into Burma about 1 mile up the road is a turn off onto a dirt road, also before that turn off you will see a a huge gravel shoulder, big enough for a tractor trailer to park on and then some. Right after that is where the dirt road is that has huge dump trucks there and where we always park. You could also park on that shoulder if you prefer. Make sure you place the peice of paper on your dash after you get the permit. The place where you get your permit is about 4 miles away where the trails are and parking area.

Some suggestions, if you are into mudding and hitting mud holes and water holes, I suggest bringing a change of clothes, towel so you can clean yourself when done riding. That muddy coal mud is nasty! And will stick to everything like cement. It's also very easy to get lost back there, cause you literally can ride well over 30 miles. I am pretty much familar staying in a 4-6 mile perimator of where I parked. I try to keep powerlines in eye site so i don't get lost. Last ride there, we went pretty damn far, about 8 miles i guesstimate from where we parked. There are so many trails that never seem to end.

BTW what do you ride?

Old 09-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Kodiak450_06
Kevin once you exit RT 78 (Exit 29B, "Cabelas exit) You take 61 north for about 20 miles to the town of ST Clair. Turn right at the light on East Hancock St and proceed to travel through the small town. That road will soon turn into Burma rd, after it turns into Burma about 1 mile up the road is a turn off onto a dirt road, also before that turn off you will see a a huge gravel shoulder, big enough for a tractor trailer to park on and then some. Right after that is where the dirt road is that has huge dump trucks there and where we always park. You could also park on that shoulder if you prefer. Make sure you place the peice of paper on your dash after you get the permit. The place where you get your permit is about 4 miles away where the trails are and parking area.

Some suggestions, if you are into mudding and hitting mud holes and water holes, I suggest bringing a change of clothes, towel so you can clean yourself when done riding. That muddy coal mud is nasty! And will stick to everything like cement. It's also very easy to get lost back there, cause you literally can ride well over 30 miles. I am pretty much familar staying in a 4-6 mile perimator of where I parked. I try to keep powerlines in eye site so i don't get lost. Last ride there, we went pretty damn far, about 8 miles i guesstimate from where we parked. There are so many trails that never seem to end.

BTW what do you ride?
Thanks for the quick reply. I will definitly check that out. I hear what you are saying about the coal. I used to ride dirt bike and was a member of Tower City for a few years which is very similar riding. My wife quit on the idea of having her own dirt bike so we went out and got a Can-Am Outlander Max in 2006. I sold it last year and now am itching to get another one. Of the 3 companies that make 2 seaters I really like the Can-Am's but am doing my research. I am going to pick a new quad and buy it by next week with plans of riding the following weekend. Apparently you can ride all the way to Treverton if you know where you are going. If I enjoy riding up there (which I am sure I will) I may invest in a GPS for the ATV. I like some mud holes but really enjoy endless trails. Thanks again for the info and maybe I will see you there one day!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Trevorton is like an hour away, I doubt you could ride all the way up to there, maybe if you tresspass on property. I wouldn't advise it.