Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Michigan Riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmqrsq
Hello there. I am brand new to this forum. A freind of mine who moved here from Kentucky and I are just getting into atv'ing. He has done it for years and I ahave had one since 2004 but never used it other than plowing in the winter. we are looking for some fun people to hang with and ride with. Tyring to find places locally to ride really is hard to find. We were thinking of going to mx131 in Martin or Dutch Park in Bloomingdale (up the road from me). Do you guys have any suggestions for the GR or Kzoo area by chance? I know the Baldwin area is huge for atv'ing. Never tooka atv to Silver Lake. Is that a fun place to go? Are sand tires required for that? Thanks for the contacts guys/girls. Keep in touch

Jaysyn

Hey Jaysyn

Welcome to the forum! You have pretty much covered all the spots that are local and open to the public. There is a trail in North East Muskegon county called Cedar Creek. It's a pretty fun trail but it's narrow and pretty technical (don't plan on getting out of 2nd gear). The trails in Baldwin are great and the drive isn't to bad I live in grand rapids and it takes me about an hour an 15 to get there. I would say add an hour from kzoo. I have not yet been to Silver Lake myself but have heard it is pretty fun. I have been told by some regulars of Silver Lake that paddles aren't needed but it's way funner with them. I got a set on rims from Rocky Mountain for $200 and we are going up there 4/24 for the weekend. The wife and I plan on being out riding every weekend this year. you can email me at bjf102106@yahoo.com if you like.

Jeff

Old 04-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by jmqrsq
Hello there. I am brand new to this forum. A freind of mine who moved here from Kentucky and I are just getting into atv'ing. He has done it for years and I ahave had one since 2004 but never used it other than plowing in the winter. we are looking for some fun people to hang with and ride with. Tyring to find places locally to ride really is hard to find. We were thinking of going to mx131 in Martin or Dutch Park in Bloomingdale (up the road from me). Do you guys have any suggestions for the GR or Kzoo area by chance? I know the Baldwin area is huge for atv'ing. Never tooka atv to Silver Lake. Is that a fun place to go? Are sand tires required for that? Thanks for the contacts guys/girls. Keep in touch

Jaysyn
Welcome to the forums Jaysyn!!! It is awesome that you are getting into trail riding, it is a blast especially with a group of people! I live on the east side of the state but go to GR a lot due to having a girlfriend out your way. Her family is big atv riders also and going up to Baldwin is the closest and a great place! I have been up to Silver Lake, but with a buggy, and I am almost positive that paddles are not needed but would be nice to have. The dunes are great, lots of open area, and pretty safe because they have certain directions you can go on the hills, and a 25mph speed limit by the area you can park and relax by the lake! I am planning to go up there and ride, along with Baldwin with my girlfriend and her family so whenever you are going out just give me email before if you would like to go! olechm@cablespeed.com is my email. Also if you go to; DNR - ORV/ATV Trail Maps it has all the trails in michigan that are regulated by the Michigan DNR and you can even print of maps of the trails also, just click on the area you are looking at! Welcome again!

-Matt

Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by oliethegoalie99
Welcome to the forums Jaysyn!!! It is awesome that you are getting into trail riding, it is a blast especially with a group of people! I live on the east side of the state but go to GR a lot due to having a girlfriend out your way. Her family is big atv riders also and going up to Baldwin is the closest and a great place! I have been up to Silver Lake, but with a buggy, and I am almost positive that paddles are not needed but would be nice to have. The dunes are great, lots of open area, and pretty safe because they have certain directions you can go on the hills, and a 25mph speed limit by the area you can park and relax by the lake! I am planning to go up there and ride, along with Baldwin with my girlfriend and her family so whenever you are going out just give me email before if you would like to go! olechm@cablespeed.com is my email. Also if you go to; DNR - ORV/ATV Trail Maps it has all the trails in michigan that are regulated by the Michigan DNR and you can even print of maps of the trails also, just click on the area you are looking at! Welcome again!

-Matt
Matt I sent you an email! Check your spam

Jeff

Old 04-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by bjf102106
Matt I sent you an email! Check your spam

Jeff
Cool I just checked my email, sorry I am just checking it, I was out last night watching the Red Wings game with some friends. I will email you back! Thanks Jeff!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 05:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Thumbs up Going North

A group of us are going to Munising area next week. In the past we have gone to Drummond Island, Brevort/Trout Lake and northern lower.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Dr!

thanks for the update. Wish we could make it but it's a little far on short notice. We are heading the Baldwin trails 4/25 and will be at Silver Lake 5/26 if any one is interested feel free to contact me.

Jeff