Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

WHERE TO RIDE IN LONG ISLAND??

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO RIDE ON LONG ISLAND I AM DESPERATE I LIVE IN RONKONKOMA AND I AM WILLING TO TRAVEL 30 MINS-1HR.PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
BRAD5632@aol.com

Old 02-14-2001, 09:23 AM
Trailblazer

Brad, You need to join the Long Island Off Road Vehicle Association. Check out our website www.liorv.org . We have meetings the second Tuesday of every month at various dealers. We had a meeting last night. The good news is that in the next two weeks there will be a ATV/MX track open at Long Island Motorsports Park in Westhampton (the drag strip). Also in March there will be a track opening in Brookhaven. All the permits are finalized, so the track will be up and running in mid March. Details regarding the Brookhaven track will be posted on the website. Our organization is trying to lobby the Suffolk County Parks Commission and the N.Y. DEC to open a legal riding area to eliminate illegal riding in county parks and sensitive areas. Also we are in the process of trying to lease land on L.I. for club members use. Discussions are going on with various land owners. Right now there are no legal riding areas. I know it's hard, but you should try to avoid riding illegally at all costs. It gives a bad image, which we are trying to change. Membership right now is $20.00. For that you can get various discounts at selected dealers. Also club members will receive a $5.00 discount to ride at ATV New York in Modena, N.Y., and we can ride at Tower City, PA. for $20.00 a day. Tower City is 15,000 acres of land. You should definitely join. We have close to 200 members so far. There is strength in numbers. Our voices must be heard, and we must convince our legislators we will not go away. Hope to see you at our next meeting. Regards, Glen Pratt

Old 02-14-2001, 02:18 PM
Range Rover

Brad I also live on Long Island. I am frustrated also. I Have 2 new machines sitting in my garage,we are working on itand looks like some progress is being made. Like Glen said join LIORV for 20 bucks what do you have to loose. We are also going to ride this weekend 2/13/01 at ATWNEWYORK 20 or 25 dollars to ride all day. We are meeting at the sears shopping center on 107. Check out the website LIORV.org. I have pics on my website which is clickable below. Email me if you have questions. lhhacker@optonline.net