Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

PENNSYLVANIA RIDERS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-1999, 12:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello I am from Pennsylvania and was wondering where all the rest of the great PA riders where. Drop me an email! Let me know where you ride, maybe we can all get together and have a bid quad ride. I have some great areas. Let me know.

CHuck '99 Scrambler 400
2 Strokes RULE!!!!!!

Old 08-18-1999, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

How you doing.... I am from eastern Pa, I Live just outside of Pottstown. I have not discovered too many areas to ride. I do want to try some spots i have seen from the rode. I am going to Slatington this weekend to ride. It is about an hour from me. It is about 30 min from the new Jack Frost TRAXX area. (Eastern) Pa riders feel free to share some riding areas !!!

Old 08-18-1999, 10:35 AM
Range Rover

I am from the central PA area. I live in Johnstown. Its about 2 hours east of Pittsburgh. I have alot of areas to ride around here. My grandmother owns 100 or so acres of woods right behind my house. From there I usually go over to one of the abandone coal mines or the "dump". These places are great to ride. Long wide open roads, big hillclimbs, and a couple buddies and I are working on a MX track in one of the coal mines that I ride at. I have alot of places to ride, there are some I have yet to explore and I have been riding for over 13 years. Anyone is welcome to come ride along sometime. Just let me know I can give you directions.

------------------
Jayson Blough '99 Banshee, '97 Warrior, '96 Blaster Yes I like Yamaha

Old 08-20-1999, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

I'm from Franklin (about halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie) I have a lot of trails and big hillclimbs that I ride on. Lately I have been mostly riding MX but I occasionaly get out on the trails. I would gladly show some people around. Just drop me an E-Mail.

------------------
Garrett Lowman; CT240 Blaster, YZ490

Old 10-10-1999, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am from center city phila we mostly ride at port elezibeth njtuckhoe nj its about 45 mins from the ben franklin bridge. And once a year we take a trip up to potter co pa which is about 5-6 hours away from the city.
Alex

87 Quadzilla, 98 banshee 87 honda 250x
Thexotic1@hotmail.com

Old 10-10-1999, 11:25 AM
Trailblazer

i'm from pittsburgh, near the pitt international airport. lots of riding around here

Old 10-12-1999, 03:31 AM
Trailblazer

WHERE THE HELL ARE THESE INFAMOUS COAL MINES???

I've heard so much about them but never seen them.. I live in maryland

Old 10-12-1999, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider

Mark,

You might be refering to the trails in the Sproul State Forrest, Clinton County. The trails were built on abandoned strip mines. This is why the trails are there to begin with, I guess that the Commonwealth figures we can't mess up strip mines. After all they ruined the land already, right? Kind of pre-ruined so to speak. There are a lot of trails there and you'll spend about a day getting to know them. Make sure you bring a trail map, You'll need it, trust me! Hope this helps.

------------------
Mike Chero 97 Polaris Sport 400L/ 97 Polaris Trailblazer 250ES

http://users.penn.com/~hal9000/mikeetta.html

Old 10-12-1999, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Mark.

You may also be referring Carbandale,Home of the seven story slag piles.I've only gone down the seven story pile,I know I don't have the power yet to go up it.But Carbandale has gotten cold of late towards quads.It seems some quaders are using,The still in use rail road tracks (from forest city south)and whereing down the rail bed.The city dosen't mind the quads.Just don't use the rail bed.

Their are two giant piles,I'd say about 200 acres worth.From small size to the DEATH size.You could build a pro track in their that would be hard to top.I call the place,Pismo of the east.

I'm curently working on the long way around.I know a guy who lives at the base of the piles.Worst comes to worst I'll just trailer in.He tells me theres even better trails south for the next hundred miles.But I just haven't had the time.From the piles to where we base in Forrest city is 75 miles one way.

If you get a chance,Go Three out of five piles have been reclaimed.Theirs two left.Untill sombody builds a wallmart on it.

If you need more info e-mail

Old 10-12-1999, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

I live not to far away from carbondale, and I go there alot. I've climbed every hill there on my 350X and I'll tell ya what, I was never so **** scared in my life!! Going up them in third gear wide open, hoping I don't have to rainbow cause I got no brakes. I didn't want to do it, but my friends talked me into it. I made it no problem. Thought I was going to die, but I did it! And after the first time, it's not so bad. My friend who lives at the base of the piles has a 'zilla and that thing rides wheelies up them, and jumps at the top, you'd swear this guy was crazy. The one time I was there, this guy was on a CR250, he'd go flying across the piles and jump off them I thought he was crazy till I found out he was an MX rider, I then totally understood. From what I understand, they have no intentions of tearing down the piles. My friends are friends with the cops down there, and they don't even care, as long as you stay away from the rail road bed. No one has ever complained and I hope it stays that way.

Quick Reply: PENNSYLVANIA RIDERS