Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in Maine

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atvjumpers
hey troyboy i think it's time for a ROADTRIP

thanks for the great pics
Oh yaa,,ive been talking to a few friends and where gonna set up a time this spring,we'll post it on this site. we also do alot of riding out in the R.I,C.T,M.A area theres trails that connect to the tristate area,we just did 50 miles last sunday,if your interested? let me know.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

yep, lets ride

Old 03-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

There is some great riding in downeast maine as well. Check out the sunrise trail system, they are digging up the railbeds from calais to bangor, and there are hundreds of trails and pits along the way.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

We always wanted to ride the sunrise trail but really could never find any web pages about it. Any campgrounds on the trail?

Old 03-15-2010, 03:23 AM
Trailblazer

here is the website for the sunrise trails in maine

Downeast Sunrise Trail Links

it looks awesome brand new it says the trail system opened fro the first time in winter of 2010 and may 1st for atv's

hope this helped

atvjumpers

Old 03-15-2010, 04:26 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a great place to ride,is there gonna be a seperate trail for ATV's?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Paulie C.
There is some great riding in downeast maine as well. Check out the sunrise trail system, they are digging up the railbeds from calais to bangor, and there are hundreds of trails and pits along the way.
Right....Good call on Sunrise. I really wanted to go last year, but never made it out with so much damn work and lame friends that ride locally. I'm definitely going this spring if anybody wants to join me. Pretty much open as soon as the trails open. Not sure when you can ride ATVs on Suset. Going to check that out.

Here's a link to the Sunrise trail system.....Awesome: http://www.hcpcme.org/transportation/sunrise/

Last edited by FunRide; 03-16-2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added Sunrise link
Old 03-21-2010, 06:00 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

tha trail form ellsworth to calais is suppose to be 80 miles one way. its the old rr bed so it should be a great trail to try. some day i might make it down that way.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:14 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just thought i would give you guys a few thoughts on planning your trip up here. first most on the trails in maine are closed for mud season so there not all damaged and have red temp. signs saying there closed and an open date on them. the time varies on the open dates depending depending how the spring goes. mostly not open until late may or even june. as far as drinking goes, maine has really tough laws on drinking and driving and it's the same on wheelers/sleeds or what ever you ride, just so your aware that game warrdens do check. also there are trail maps that show alot fo the legal trails to be on which are mostly green or red w/ a picture of a wheeler on them. these are the only trails you can be on w/out land owners permission for the most part. hope that helps a little.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by stendori
just thought i would give you guys a few thoughts on planning your trip up here. first most on the trails in maine are closed for mud season so there not all damaged and have red temp. signs saying there closed and an open date on them. the time varies on the open dates depending depending how the spring goes. mostly not open until late may or even june. as far as drinking goes, maine has really tough laws on drinking and driving and it's the same on wheelers/sleeds or what ever you ride, just so your aware that game warrdens do check. also there are trail maps that show alot fo the legal trails to be on which are mostly green or red w/ a picture of a wheeler on them. these are the only trails you can be on w/out land owners permission for the most part. hope that helps a little.
Thanks for the tips Stendori.
We usually have a few beers along for the ride up here in NB. As long as you aren't being a nuisance and have on a helmet and the machine is plated and insured they overlook the cooler. I guess Maine enforces a little more.
I think the Calais to Bangor is going to get some transborder visits this year.

Quick Reply: Riding in Maine