Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

new mass laws

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:30 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't find any local PD enforcing a law that says a land owner can't allow his 10 or under kid on an atv on his private land-

Old 04-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
You won't find any local PD enforcing a law that says a land owner can't allow his 10 or under kid on an atv on his private land-
I agree with that. But the environmental police will enforce it.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:34 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by jgar
I agree with that. But the environmental police will enforce it.
hehe- if you have ep scoping out your property, you have bigger problems to worry about other then your kid on a quad

Old 04-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
hehe- if you have ep scoping out your property, you have bigger problems to worry about other then your kid on a quad
Nothing to see here, move allong.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:39 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Iam pretty sure you have to or soon will have to register your atv even if it never leaves your property.
I can't see how they could enforce registering your atv that's on your private property- unless you live in a development / association or in govt housing- a cop can't just come on your property and demand to see registrations for atv's and cars- it's private property- we're not talking about drugs or firearms.

there are houses around me that have dozens of cars, sleds and atv's littered all over their property- it's one of those silly laws that'll never be enforced- like the law that says its illegal to back out of a drive way onto a main road- when's the last time you saw that law enforced?

Old 04-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hear you BG.
A coworker of mine was riding in his yard. Neighbor called the cops, they come out and tell him where it has no tags is they can inpound it .

Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

I hear you BG.
A coworker of mine was riding in his yard. Neighbor called the cops, they come out and tell him where it has no tags is they can inpound it .
impound a vehicle that's on your property sounds unconstitutional - just cant see that holding up in court- but I guess it could happen...

Old 04-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

iam taking a boat saftey course being taught by fish&game dept. (wardens) no one under 14 can use a atv even on your own property . go to massgov.com or mass wildlife.search new atv laws. you will be shocked at what you will read.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Old 04-08-2011, 04:48 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

this state id fu#cking amazing!

I so need to sell my house and move out of this insipid nanny state called massachusetts!
I've never been so embarrassed to live here. It's really out of control!

Quick Reply: new mass laws