Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

new mass laws

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new mass laws

ages 14 -16 cant operate anything larger than 90cc. No one under 14 can even ride one thats including even in your own yard and all atvs have to be registered to ride in your on yard WTF. I just bought a atv for my to girls for Christmas know iam told they cant ride them. Iam so pissed off at this state

Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Man thats fucked up iv been ridding on farm land in upper michigan sence i was 14 and you didnt have to be registered and i was ridding a outlander 400 but know im 20 and think thats fucked up

Old 04-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aposto
ages 14 -16 cant operate anything larger than 90cc. No one under 14 can even ride one thats including even in your own yard and all atvs have to be registered to ride in your on yard WTF. I just bought a atv for my to girls for Christmas know iam told they cant ride them. Iam so pissed off at this state
move........so it's a law? not a recommendation? i guess the govt doesn't know that even if a person is too big for a quad, that it ain't dangerous? wow, liberals........ain't got a clue do they? all i can say is: MOVE to another state. get a transfer or whatever. but move..........

Old 04-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would move but have a very stable job. just going to have to trailer them to NH

Old 04-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Good old nanny state mentality here. We're from the government and we know what's best for you... Barf... I heard yesterday that Boston (if not the whole state) is going to ban sugar laced sodas from machines in government buildings. "We know what's best for you". Such GARBAGE. I know if I drink nothing but sugar laden sodas I'll get fat and unhealthy. But, if I want to do something that's dangerous to me and not anyone else what is that to you, government. Good law protects people from other people harming them. Bad law tries to protect us from ourselves. Massachusetts is famous for idiocy. They are even considering a bill that allows anyone to go into any restroom that they "gender identify" with. This is just an example of the insanity that goes on here. Not surprised they are trying to tell you what you can and can't ride on your own property.
I find it so interesting that a bunch of clowns who spend money like it grows on tree (and then wonder why they are running deficits) try to tell us what is best for us and our families.

I'm researching how I can get up over the border in the next couple years.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I'm researching how I can get up over the border in the next couple years.
Moose, apparently the way to cross the border is to just do it. it appears the govt can't/won't catch you. north border, don't use snowmobiles, they think you might be a smuggler, southern border, heck, you can take anything to cross there. no questions asked. that's sickening to me......

Old 04-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaster94
Moose, apparently the way to cross the border is to just do it. it appears the govt can't/won't catch you. north border, don't use snowmobiles, they think you might be a smuggler, southern border, heck, you can take anything to cross there. no questions asked. that's sickening to me......
Appreciate the tongue in cheek answer! Funny. Canada is just as bad as Massachusetts. I was thinking a couple hundred miles short of the US/Canadian border in NH.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:04 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aposto
way I understood it was it has to be on private property to use-

and "ages 14 -16 cant operate anything larger than 90cc. No one under 14 can even ride one "

only applies to state land like the pittsfiels & october mtn trails-

I don't think the govt can mandate what you ride on your property- hell- you can let your kids ride a tractor or car if it's on your property. You don't have to register a motor vehicle / atv to ride it on your property...

Old 04-08-2011, 02:19 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found this on a mass regulations site:

Massachusetts State Laws:
  • Every rider (operator and passenger) must wear a helmet.
  • All ATVs must be registered, except if operated on the owner's land, with the owner receiving a plate to be placed on the ATV.
  • No one under 14 may operate an ATV unless over 10 and in a special event, or 10 to12 and supervised by an adult while on a parent’s land, or 12 to14 if supervised by an adult over 18.
  • No one under 12 may operate an ATV on Department of Environmental Management land.
  • ATV use on paved roads or public ways is prohibited, except to cross these roads.
  • No ATV shall be operated without a lighted headlight and taillight between sunset and sunrise.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
way I understood it was it has to be on private property to use-

and "ages 14 -16 cant operate anything larger than 90cc. No one under 14 can even ride one "

only applies to state land like the pittsfiels & october mtn trails-

I don't think the govt can mandate what you ride on your property- hell- you can let your kids ride a tractor or car if it's on your property. You don't have to register a motor vehicle / atv to ride it on your property...
Iam pretty sure you have to or soon will have to register your atv even if it never leaves your property.

Quick Reply: new mass laws