Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Operation Charlton, Ma

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posting to get this back to the top of the list.....

If anyone in who reads this hasn't donated, and you care about the image of ATVs in the community, please make a donation this week. Every dollar helps!

All the details are here:

http://atv-charity.yolasite.com/

Old 05-10-2011, 01:19 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE:

Ok guys (and girls)

I just heard from webster fish & game- they said I could have the grounds for the event on either june 11 or the 18th- and they would allow for the atv / tractor pull

I was also informed they would waive the grounds fee as a donation to the charity...

Lets pick a date- Saturday june 11 or the 18th...

I guess I'd prefer the 11th- as father's day is on the 19th... but having it on the 18th gives me more time to get the word out...

We have any atv'ers interested in the atv pull?
I have the plans for a weighted sled- pretty easy build-
I'm sure I can get an award for the winner- trophy of something.

Nothing mentioned in regards to atv reg- so I'd say bring'em down!

let me hear some feedback asap!

Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Range Rover

I wont be able to make the 11th..I will be in Lake George for bike week...A every year tradition for me..I registered and paid for the short trip to Americade...

Old 05-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by beergut
UPDATE:

Ok guys (and girls)

I just heard from webster fish & game- they said I could have the grounds for the event on either june 11 or the 18th- and they would allow for the atv / tractor pull

I was also informed they would waive the grounds fee as a donation to the charity...

Lets pick a date- Saturday june 11 or the 18th...

I guess I'd prefer the 11th- as father's day is on the 19th... but having it on the 18th gives me more time to get the word out...

We have any atv'ers interested in the atv pull?
I have the plans for a weighted sled- pretty easy build-
I'm sure I can get an award for the winner- trophy of something.

Nothing mentioned in regards to atv reg- so I'd say bring'em down!

let me hear some feedback asap!

AWESOME NEWS!!!!! (Thanks for including Gals lol)
If I can help out in any way, please let me know. ( It depends on the time on the 18th for our family. Our daughter's ballet recital is that day, but I believe in the morning. Yes, we are pretty busy with ballet and soccer for our daughter and soccer for our son.) I am so PROUD of your persistence in making this happen. Our family was just so impressed with how the local ATV riders put this Charity together. So with or without this event, we are so grateful for all your doing!! It's much appreciated especially by the children!! Thanks Again!!

Old 05-11-2011, 03:54 AM
Trailblazer

I can't do the 18th I will be in Laconia for bike week. 11th is god for me.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Not sure, BG. I have so much going on this time of year. I want to go and hope to make it out. I will not get a Mass. registration, so let us know if that is allowed or not.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Range Rover

Bump

Old 05-18-2011, 05:10 AM
Trailblazer

Any more news?

Old 05-25-2011, 05:15 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to thank everyone for their support.
Planning the event part of this charity has been very difficult due to the new Mass ATV regulations, as well as getting it done in such a short time frame.

I still have to add up the donations- but I figure the total to be over $500. I'm sure the Youth League appreciates all your support- and I'm proud of my local ATV'ers

Even though the atv ride may not come together- I'll be sending out invites to all who supported this charity. I'm planning on having a bbq / bon-fire here at my house (for you & your atv)- details to follow soon, which will be posted at the charity web site.

www.atv-charity.com

Thanks again,

bg

(mike)

Old 05-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Since the event is over, I'm going to lock the thread. But I am going to leave it up for viewing. I think this a great example of an ATV Connection member seeing the opportunity to make a positive impact on the community and the fellow members that have donated too.

Thanks to all that have participated, and a special thank you to Beergut for taking a negative view of our sport and riders and turning it into a positive.

Quick Reply: Operation Charlton, Ma