Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding in East Liverpool Ohio???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody out there know about a good riding spot in East Liverpool Ohio. When I was younger, a bunch of us nuts would travel up to East Liverpool and drive up on top of a hill to a big power line clearing. We would unload and ride for hours hardly crossing the same trail twice. I was riding a CR500 at the time and there were some great hill climbs as well as some good coal dumps and trail riding. Lots of gas wells in the area. Does anybody know where this area is and is it still open for riding. Like I said it was 12 or 14 years ago and I can't recall the name or how to get there (old age setting in at "38").

Old 03-14-2001, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Is it wellsville your thinking about? That is right next to East Liverpool,,,is the biggest area i have ever rode at, and has a lot of hills.

I dont know the exact way we got there,,but i know we pulled in by a factory and followed a long bumpy road right next to the river into the parking area. The parking area is basically right across the river from Mountaineer Gaming resort. I am sure there are many other places to unload, but this is the only one I know. Its very rocky terrain, with crazy hills, good trails, just about anything a person could want except a MX track (unless there is one somewhere there)

Old 03-14-2001, 09:00 AM
Trailblazer

Riceburnin,
It could be the same place, I do remember some of the trails went down along the river. There was a cool coal gob pile that could almost be a MX track. Do you know if this place is still open to ride? I'm going to try to contact some of my old riding buddies and see if any of them remember the directions or the name. Were there gas wells around some of the trails??. If there was it sounds like it might be the place.

Old 03-14-2001, 01:53 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, the place is called Blockhouse or Yellow Creek. Get on to route 7 and go south of E. Liverpool, I can't remember the exit (2 or 3 exits south of E. Liverpool.) The side road, very bumpy, that goes by the factory is adjacent to a northbound off ramp of route 7. Take the road through an underpass and then go right, it is near a summer camper area. This takes you to an opening. The trail straight ahead is the one to the power line. Sorry I can't give better directions.

Old 03-14-2001, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Mark6,
I might take a drive up this way and check things out. It sounds like the place. If it is, there was some awesome riding there. Do you know if this place is "legal" or do you need to get permission from anyone to ride there? I don't think we did years ago, but then again I was tagging along with some other people who may have made some arrangements.

Old 03-14-2001, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

It is not technically 'legal' there,,but be have been riding there for years with no problems. I have only been there once (right in fall, plan to go back soon) and I have to say it is an awesome place to ride, seems like it goes forever. But if taking a quad,,its best to have good skids and strong tires because of all the rocks in places. I dont have any skids and ended up fine.
But one buddy bent up his swingarm skid pretty bad and another popped a tire from a side wall puncture.

Lot of jeeps and buggys go there also.

Old 03-15-2001, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

The exit is Salineville...turn towards the river to the main street in town...turn right at the stop sign and follow a few city blocks to the entrance of the industrial park area...then follow "pothole road" to the end.

Old 03-17-2001, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

hey sounds like a great playe to ride, i live in yorkville, about 40 minuets from east liverpool, could someone let me know how it is and how to get there. Thanks

Old 03-17-2001, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

the place your talking about is yellow creek. take 7 south to salineville,aten ave.exit and go left,go to the stop sign and then right.go a couple of blocks and go left at the plant entrance and follow that road.i think im going on sunday for a couple of hours.happy riding.