Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Jericho Mtn NH

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will do....hopefully i dont get lost and need it to survive.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 1eep
will do....hopefully i dont get lost and need it to survive.
I haven't seen the warming hut yet. It would have been nice the day I went up there last year and kept getting hit by snow squalls.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Id do that and you can ride the trails on the headpondside of rt 110 nice trails aththough one was pretty rocky on the far end. I spent Last summer and fall building The warming hut with other volunteers from White Mountain Ridge Runners snowmobile club put the hut up [NOT THE STATE] what alot of peole asume with donations raised we are still selling[ logs] so we can finish some last details if you buy one you will get your name on a plaque and it will be there forever check out the jericho warming hut website

Old 09-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

Moose, i didnt know they were open in the winter for ATV use.

850...i will check that out, it would be cool to know my family name is sitting on something legal.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

ok, just returned from a long weekend at Jericho and although the terrain wasnt very challenging we still had a great time. there are some nice long stretches and it was great to ride into town for fuel and food. It was cool to ride the old train bridge that crossed the highway and river.

Now the bad thing, one of the guys in my group found out the hard way that they do enforce the 25mph speed limit on trails. Yes, my brother on his sport quad got stopped by a ranger sitting on the main trail, he had a nice shinny new radar gun. He was ticketed for doing 44mph in a 25mph, i think we were all surprised to come around the corner to find a polaris ranger rolling the blue lights.
Also i managed to find a rock that was sharp enough to slice through the sidewall of my new ITP Mudlite XTR's, this ended my day early in the afternoon on sunday.
The campground is open and appears to have dry camping only, they do have a couple pull through sites and allow generators. We stayed in a house in north conway, maybe next year the campground.

It was a great trip and i would return, it is a very family friendly area to ride.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Range Rover

Wow in all the times I have been up there I have never seen a ranger ever. How much was the ticket?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

the ticket was $74, it doesnt go against your license or insurance unless you dont pay.

He was cool about it and did comment about how my brother was actaully going 54, but wrote is for 44. It was on one of the main dirt roads and my brother didnt argue it, he knew he was at fault but was getting carried away.

I think because of the long weekend they were patrolling, it was very busy up there and i could see how easy it would be to have an accident.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Range Rover

Yeah I am heading up this weekend but doubt it will be busy. Did you get a chance to check out the new campgroup?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Range Rover

were you able to check out the sucess trails at all?

Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

the trails on the east side of 110? yes, they did have a little more of a challenge, im just used to boulders and rock ledge.
there was a trail by the warming hut that had a mud pit, thats where i sliced open my tire....playing in it.
we did get 2 days of riding, my second day ended at about 4pm, we had planned to ride on sunday until dark....luckily i wasnt far from the parking area.

Quick Reply: Jericho Mtn NH