Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hillsville help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a person who lives by Hillsville. We plan on taking a trip there and need a local that knows how to get in there and would show us around and give us directions to get there. Also I need information if this trip is worth it I found a very good picture site of the area at: http://www.beyondspecs.com/ATV/hillsville.htm
Your help would be appreciated. Thanks HP

Visit my photo album at: http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/bengu....dir=/&.view=t

Old 03-19-2001, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This excellent site contains extensive information on Hillsville and other Pennsylvania riding areas. Check all departments, including the forums, for info. Pennsylvania ATVing

Tree Farmer

Old 03-20-2001, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer

Here are some directions. Please note that since this is technically not a legal area, I don't take responsibility for any problems you may encounter. Every year the landowner tries to shut it down with gates, rocks etc. It is an awesome place, but be very careful as there are shear drop offs in certain areas, go slow until you learn where you are.
I assume you are coming from I-80, looking at your address. Take I-80 into Pa and take 60 south. Travel south on 60 until the Mount Jackson exit, route 224? If you keep going you will come to a toll booth on the mainline, this is too far, go back. Go west, away from New Castle at the off ramp, would be a right if coming from the North. Take this road until you come to a stop sign with a Sunoco across from you, turn right and follow this road, stay to the left as another road goes off to the right just past this turn. Follow this road for a ways and then you will come to a sharp left turn in the road with a side road coming straight at you. There is a school down this side road, take this road, slight right turn. Go past the school and the road takes a sharp right turn with another road going straight ahead, a little to the left. Take this road, not the sharp right turn. Now follow this road until you see a road on the right that goes up hill. There is a sharp left turn on the road your on just ahead of this right turn. Turn right and follow this road for a while, you will see the hills and an open area on the left. Some people park here, the trails are mainly on the right side or on the left further down. Another parking area further down on both sides. But signs are everywhere and I don't know if the cops are active or not. This is all strictly at your own risk!!!! Sorry for the long directions.
Has anyone else heard if the cops are out this year?

Old 03-20-2001, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

i haven't seen one cop yet this year,,,and i have been there almost every weekend. They owners did block off the one main entrance by that brick building but them rocks will probably be moved soon. I talked to a local who talked to the owners and they said the main problem they have is with people dumping stuff in there,,,the ATVs where one of there few concerns.

BTW,,its worth the trip,,this place is awesome. The pictures you mentioned are ones I took.

Old 03-20-2001, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

not to dispute marks reply above about directions,,but i notice your from ashtabula and 11 runs right by there. I think it would be easiest for you to take 11 south down to see salt springs road. Make a left on salt springs and follow that till you see the 680 onramp. Take 680 into youngstown and follow it till you reach the 224 exit. Take 224 towards poland and stay going straight on this road. You will be on it for about 10-15 minutes after getting on 680 till you will pass a motocross shop on the right side of the road. A little ways after this shop you want to make a right on the next road. This road has all the parking lots to get in. Take this road till you see areas to park off to the side, hard to miss.

And be careful. This place is big with many cool trails but also some crazy hills.