Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Little Monadnock Family Trails

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beergut I concede:

I quote you:
the responsible thing would've been to stop your atv, remove your helmet, shut off the atv and after the owner finishes cursing you out for being on a private trail- just apologize for trespassing (which you are) and politely explain that you're lost and you'll make a mental note not to turn down this trail again.

The land owner might've helped him out, or cursed him out- either way, the atv rider would've shown some decorum and respect for the property owner. The atv rider is the one being intrusive, not the property owner..

I thought that perhaps by giving Rosa a sympathy card, that he would come forth and reveal his ignorance to the land owner, rather than the bravado of, in his own words
"But one of the local that yelled at us showed no respect to the point where I was going to run him over with my atv.

However he did not and this leads me to believe he as you declared didnt care about his trespasses.

As I stated in my original post we all make mistakes and if i might add boast with bravado. And we should all be given the chance to clarify, but he did not and so it stands.

I hope my words were not misunderstood as I did not mean any offence.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:10 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceDeuce
I hope my words were not misunderstood as I did not mean any offence.

it's all good, bruce

responsible new england atv'ers have been battling rider ignorance forever, and it's really getting bad. The public's perception of atv'ers is dismal.

young punks on dirtbikes and sport quads don't reg their bikes, zip around wet lands and "closed trails" like they own the place- and they don't care about the image they give all atv'ers. They are tearing up local school fields, littering and lacking trail side manners. Everyone can get lost and end up in the wrong area- but it's what you do when confronted that matters most-

Mass just passed some super strict atv laws- and have just about closed all motorized trails to atv's- Rhode Island & Ct don't offer any legal atv trails at all, and mass is soon to follow suit. Our only saving grace is Nh & Maine, which embraces the atv community and welcomes us- even providing off-trail access roads to food, gas and lodging in select towns.
but if these kids don't start showing some respect in these states- we atv'ers are gonna get screwed

Old 09-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Range Rover

I certainly know how that is. Here in NJ they shut down all off road activity and put cops on ATV'S a decades ago. Its sickening! We have to go to PA in order to ride.
I doubt if it will get better their, as the Local government is taking all of our rights. Best of luck!

Old 09-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by wilson911
I am happy to read you had a bad time and don't plan on returning. People who ride like you and disrespect landowners ruin the sport for the rest of us. I wish more people with your lack of respect would stay away from my favorite riding areas. Thank you!
Thanks for your thought. Little do you know that I had full respect to the individual that approached us. He was the land owner and we did not talk back nor disagree with him. We try to make the best out of the situation. But for him, he shouldnt approached us the way he did. He stopped us on an open trail (not his property) and started to swear and threaten us. Thats respectful to you? Maybe you should reconsider your thoughts. ISo before you call me out, understand the full story rather jumping to conclusions. Cheers!

Old 09-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by beergut
that wasn't the case here bruce-

the lmft trails are pretty much all marked- ESPECIALLY the "no atv" & "private" trails unless someone tore down the posts.

a lot of the lmft trails run through privately owned property that the owner has graciously allowed us to use- if these land owners continue to have unwanted trespassers, we will lose the priviledge of riding.
This has been an ongoing issue with the lmft trails- and some property owners have already posted no atv's and we've lost connecting trails- and we've lost staging areas to load & unloadatv's due to locals complaining.

the responsible thing would've been to stop your atv, remove your helmet, shut off the atv and after the owner finishes cursing you out for being on a private trail- just apologize for trespassing (which you are) and politely explain that you're lost and you'll make a mental note not to turn down this trail again.

The land owner might've helped him out, or cursed him out- either way, the atv rider would've shown some decorum and respect for the property owner. The atv rider is the one being intrusive, not the property owner...

from the sounds of it- rosa saw the man cursing him out, did a 180 and roosted the gravel as he banged through all 5 gears speeding away-

in his own words "But one of the local that yelled at us showed no respect to the point where I was going to run him over with my atv."

what respect does he need to show you? you're on his damned property!!!

this is not the image atv'ers need in a state that's the most ATV friendly state around- it's these "run-ins" with the locals that guarantee trails will be closed-

it's the riders responsibility to know where he is, follow (and look for) the signs and if you do get in trouble, stop and be responsible.
I wonder if rosa even has a current reg for New Hampshire and Maine??? You have to support the states that support atv'ers!

I did that exactly, I shut off my atv, took off my helmet waited for the guy to finish cursing and complaining. And I explained to him, this is my first time up here, new to this trails. We did not go into any places where it was posted no trespassing or no atv. When we saw those signs we turned around. Maybe someone took down a sign and we continued to ride. Maybe that was the case. He claimed that we went down a path that no atv should go. We did not see such a sign. I apologized to him again, after he calmed down he explained us the issue which I can see where he is coming from. He later told us the trail we are on is the correct trail and gave advice of where to go. Which was fine. But I was not happy the way he approached us and his attitude. When you give riders the same nasty attitude it will make other riders not listen and not care. We continued to ride and trails and once finished we packed up and left.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rosa6329
I did that exactly, I shut off my atv, took off my helmet waited for the guy to finish cursing and complaining. And I explained to him, this is my first time up here, new to this trails. We did not go into any places where it was posted no trespassing or no atv. When we saw those signs we turned around. Maybe someone took down a sign and we continued to ride. Maybe that was the case. He claimed that we went down a path that no atv should go. We did not see such a sign. I apologized to him again, after he calmed down he explained us the issue which I can see where he is coming from. He later told us the trail we are on is the correct trail and gave advice of where to go. Which was fine. But I was not happy the way he approached us and his attitude. When you give riders the same nasty attitude it will make other riders not listen and not care. We continued to ride and trails and once finished we packed up and left.
Last time I was at lmft was awhile ago. Its hard to figure your way around with the lack of signs. Unless I follow powerlines Iam lost with in 10 min of the parking lot.
I can understand the land owners getting pissed. Lmft is just one of those places you have to know where to go and where to stay away from.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by BruceDeuce
I certainly know how that is. Here in NJ they shut down all off road activity and put cops on ATV'S a decades ago. Its sickening! We have to go to PA in order to ride.
I doubt if it will get better their, as the Local government is taking all of our rights. Best of luck!
On a different forum I was told in NJ there was a enviro. officer in a bikini trail side. Would flag down riders, then the uniform officers would step out and write fines.
Dont know if its true. But the person who told me claimed he was one who stoped.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar
On a different forum I was told in NJ there was a enviro. officer in a bikini trail side. Would flag down riders, then the uniform officers would step out and write fines.
Dont know if its true. But the person who told me claimed he was one who stoped.
I remember that thread. I laughed like crazy. Ingenuity at it's best. Like a moth to a flame.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Range Rover

LMAO I never seen a bikini ATV Rider nor heard of that trap. But they do try to befriend you then lead you down a new trail and cops are at the end. This state sucks to put it lightly.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:03 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jgar

and he still didn't get her phone #
she at least owed him that!

I would've started singing some Barry White tunes to her untill she gave up the 411

Quick Reply: Little Monadnock Family Trails