Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Little Monadnock Family Trails

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Monadnock Family Trails

Hey guys I just registered with this forum so I apologize if I dont have any of my information posted yet. But I was thinking of going to LMFT tomorrow morning but I cannot find an actual city and street name where to park. Anyone have this information? Anything so I can punch it into the GPS?

Thanks guys!

Old 09-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Try 118 Fish Hatchery Road, in Winchester, NH. There is parking under the powerlines that a guy charges $5 for or just North of the powerlines in the trees on the right side is parking for LMFT.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks, I actually found it. We followed another guy who had a brut force and we were on a raptor and a yfz. The trail that we took to get into the woods was not made for our machines. All the trails were washed away and some deep mud pits that we kept getting stuck in. Not sure if we went the right way but we turned around and left. Not to mention some guy who said its his property started to swear and cuss us out because we got lost and wasnt on the right trail. Never going there again!

Old 09-02-2012, 04:35 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rosa6329
thanks, I actually found it. We followed another guy who had a brut force and we were on a raptor and a yfz. The trail that we took to get into the woods was not made for our machines. All the trails were washed away and some deep mud pits that we kept getting stuck in. Not sure if we went the right way but we turned around and left. Not to mention some guy who said its his property started to swear and cuss us out because we got lost and wasnt on the right trail. Never going there again!
a bit of advice... research the trails before riding them. There's a lot of info in these forums about lmft. lmft is an awsome trail system if you have a 4x4 atv and follow the rules. I've been up there dozens of times and can tell you without a doubt- private trails are marked.

it's a great trail system for 4x4 atv's- trails that are closed off to atv's are marked with bright yellow "no atv" signs and "private property" signs.

when people show up and start riding trails without paying attention to the signs and pissing off the locals- we lose trails.

in case you're wondering, most of the trail systems in new england are not "sport quad friendly" trails. LMFT, Pisgah, Jericho, claremont to name a few, are very rough, rocky and muddy.

There are better suited trails in maine for sport atv's - more flat logging roads and such.

You can register your atv online for maine and print up a temp reg to carry with you- and local atv clubs, hotels and the state web site alll have maps available to download.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by beergut
a bit of advice... research the trails before riding them. There's a lot of info in these forums about lmft. lmft is an awsome trail system if you have a 4x4 atv and follow the rules. I've been up there dozens of times and can tell you without a doubt- private trails are marked.

it's a great trail system for 4x4 atv's- trails that are closed off to atv's are marked with bright yellow "no atv" signs and "private property" signs.

when people show up and start riding trails without paying attention to the signs and pissing off the locals- we lose trails.

in case you're wondering, most of the trail systems in new england are not "sport quad friendly" trails. LMFT, Pisgah, Jericho, claremont to name a few, are very rough, rocky and muddy.

There are better suited trails in maine for sport atv's - more flat logging roads and such.

You can register your atv online for maine and print up a temp reg to carry with you- and local atv clubs, hotels and the state web site alll have maps available to download.

Yeah I know, I did some research and had a hard time finding stuff. But one of the local that yelled at us showed no respect to the point where I was going to run him over with my atv. If you be reasonable with others they will do the same. No need to swear and threaten people. Besides that ive been to Jericho with my yfz and raptor and had a blast, didnt find it difficult. I also been to clough state park and completed the entire park with my yfz and raptor no problem.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rosa6329
I am happy to read you had a bad time and don't plan on returning. People who ride like you and disrespect landowners ruin the sport for the rest of us. I wish more people with your lack of respect would stay away from my favorite riding areas. Thank you!

Old 09-04-2012, 05:51 PM
Trailblazer

I have been riding LMFT on an average of every other weekend since may. I have not had a problem with anybody but I have never entered a trail that says no ATVs allowed or private property.

To have a land owner swearing and sceaming there has to more to this story. My guess would be that you went on the motocross track that is off limits but you found it easier to get back to the parking lot.

Bob
2012 Can-am 650 max xt

Old 09-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer

ok guys be nice. try omatv club in waterboro maine . sport quad friendly big time there. with lots of fast trails it connects to multiple clubs.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Range Rover

Sounds like Rosa just didnt know where he was going and when found in the wrong place and confronted realized he was wrong and backtracked. Ive made mistakes before riding where I wasnt supposed to. Rosa just learned a hard lesson. Welcome to the Forum Rosa!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:19 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceDeuce
Sounds like Rosa just didnt know where he was going and when found in the wrong place and confronted realized he was wrong and backtracked. Ive made mistakes before riding where I wasnt supposed to. Rosa just learned a hard lesson. Welcome to the Forum Rosa!

that wasn't the case here bruce-

the lmft trails are pretty much all marked- ESPECIALLY the "no atv" & "private" trails unless someone tore down the posts.

a lot of the lmft trails run through privately owned property that the owner has graciously allowed us to use- if these land owners continue to have unwanted trespassers, we will lose the priviledge of riding.
This has been an ongoing issue with the lmft trails- and some property owners have already posted no atv's and we've lost connecting trails- and we've lost staging areas to load & unloadatv's due to locals complaining.

the responsible thing would've been to stop your atv, remove your helmet, shut off the atv and after the owner finishes cursing you out for being on a private trail- just apologize for trespassing (which you are) and politely explain that you're lost and you'll make a mental note not to turn down this trail again.

The land owner might've helped him out, or cursed him out- either way, the atv rider would've shown some decorum and respect for the property owner. The atv rider is the one being intrusive, not the property owner...

from the sounds of it- rosa saw the man cursing him out, did a 180 and roosted the gravel as he banged through all 5 gears speeding away-

in his own words "But one of the local that yelled at us showed no respect to the point where I was going to run him over with my atv."

what respect does he need to show you? you're on his damned property!!!

this is not the image atv'ers need in a state that's the most ATV friendly state around- it's these "run-ins" with the locals that guarantee trails will be closed-

it's the riders responsibility to know where he is, follow (and look for) the signs and if you do get in trouble, stop and be responsible.
I wonder if rosa even has a current reg for New Hampshire and Maine??? You have to support the states that support atv'ers!

Quick Reply: Little Monadnock Family Trails