Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ATV Vacation Spots on the East Coast

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Vacation Spots on the East Coast

Lookking for house to rent.....just open front door and ride or ride to nearby trails.....no tent camping.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:32 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

skeets-
the "east coast" is kind of vague- covers area from maine to florida. you may get more responses if you narrow your area

If you're looking for a cabin in the new-england (north east) area, then maine is where you want to be.
I believe maine has the most interconnecting atv trails in the US- clocking in with over 20-25k miles that intertwine through the mountains, into new hampshire and up to canada.
check out cabins & hotels in the Forks, Me area- as well as greenville, jackman, moosehead lake, the skowhegan (bingham) area, I also remember seeing atv cabins on moxie lake-

Maine is home to the ITS (international trail system) which is literally a highway trail system for atv's and sleds- trails go from wide logging roads to tight wooded deep maine trails. there's fuel & food access from all the trails- and the majority of hotels, motels & cabins are located directly on the ITS- like, walk out the front door, jump on the atv and ride.

you'll have to register in maine- which is painless & cheap and can be done online at this link:

Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife - Registration

hotels & cabins resorts will usually have maps of the local trails off the ITS- this link will take you to a general atv trail map of maine- keep in mind that this map does not show 60% of the trails off the ITS- the trails are endless.

http://www.maine.gov/doc/parks/progr...-SOMATVMap.pdf

I have a trip planned in june at this atv resort, where the ITS is literally out the cabin door:

The Forks Resort Center, Maine Cabins, Maine Vacations - Northern Outdoors

Old 02-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Same thoughts as above.

Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
skeets-
the "east coast" is kind of vague- covers area from maine to florida. you may get more responses if you narrow your area

If you're looking for a cabin in the new-england (north east) area, then maine is where you want to be.
I believe maine has the most interconnecting atv trails in the US- clocking in with over 20-25k miles that intertwine through the mountains, into new hampshire and up to canada.
check out cabins & hotels in the Forks, Me area- as well as greenville, jackman, moosehead lake, the skowhegan (bingham) area, I also remember seeing atv cabins on moxie lake-

Maine is home to the ITS (international trail system) which is literally a highway trail system for atv's and sleds- trails go from wide logging roads to tight wooded deep maine trails. there's fuel & food access from all the trails- and the majority of hotels, motels & cabins are located directly on the ITS- like, walk out the front door, jump on the atv and ride.

you'll have to register in maine- which is painless & cheap and can be done online at this link:

Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife - Registration

hotels & cabins resorts will usually have maps of the local trails off the ITS- this link will take you to a general atv trail map of maine- keep in mind that this map does not show 60% of the trails off the ITS- the trails are endless.

http://www.maine.gov/doc/parks/progr...-SOMATVMap.pdf

I have a trip planned in june at this atv resort, where the ITS is literally out the cabin door:

The Forks Resort Center, Maine Cabins, Maine Vacations - Northern Outdoors
Hey BG, is the June trip including the wives? I just emailed the resort and it's accessible. I thinking about going.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cudavic
Hey BG, is the June trip including the wives? I just emailed the resort and it's accessible. I thinking about going.
hey vic-
I have a packed cabin (about 13 people so far), so you'd have to grab another one- but sure... my wife is coming and so is her mother and a couple other females. we're heading up on the 21st (I may go up sooner just to get some solo riding in )

Old 02-18-2013, 06:58 AM
Pro Rider

Ya, I was expecting to get a place on my own. I'm going to return mail to rep that wrote to me and ask what's available.

Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default sorry for late response

i live in NJ willing to drive to a good spot spend a week really would love to just hop out of bed and start to ride... wife wont tent and have 2 kids thanks for input so far i will check out the places you guys listed so far. but the more places the better i would drive like 6-8 hours if its worth it

Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

Hey Vic if Northern is booked check out Crab Apple, They have a newer section that should be accessible. Not a far ride from Northern and a few stops on the way.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Range Rover

Skeets The Forks also has White Water rafting for the others, depending on the kids ages there is a place called Adventure Bound just down the road that specializes in Kids activities. Talk to Chris at AB he would know or anyone at Northern could help. You could and would want to spent a week up there it is a ride for you!

Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by nuckfutz
Hey Vic if Northern is booked check out Crab Apple, They have a newer section that should be accessible. Not a far ride from Northern and a few stops on the way.
Thanks. They did have a accessible cabin open but I couldn't book because I havea wedding to go to. Maybe next year.