Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

How was the April 1st Nemadji ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a frikin riot! My first time out with my first bike - a new Polaris 500RSE, Which I managed to flip on its side in the first 2 miles.... There was speed, mud, snow and kick-butt trail riding. Many newbies (like me) were struggling to stay on the trail and out of the trees at first but by the end of the day there were no rookies. We had Superman do a 20 foot full stretch header over the handlebars when he went deep in the soft trail sides of snow and Treehugger got ejected when his bike took a 6 inch poplar between the tire and fender. Hotdog on his Yamahopper gets the most towed out award. And whats up with that noisy 3 wheeler? Buy the end of the day I had 75 more miles on the bike. Still sore today. Many thanks to Kurt for the invitation and also those who got my rig right side up! Wow - for a first time trail ride - wow!
I have some pictures - email me at pilot@facm.umn.edu and I'll send some.

Old 04-03-2001, 06:35 PM
Range Rover

Roofer,

Just wondering if I could "steal" your photos for my website. Went on the ride with you, don't know if I met you or not, but I was the guy with the "noisy" 3 wheeler. I'm currently prepping the 18 pics from my digital camera for my site, and would like to add yours to it. I'll even link to your site, if you like.

Thanks,
Chris

www.MudDivers.com

Old 04-03-2001, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

No problem using the pics. A link to my site would be cool of ya.
Later

Old 04-03-2001, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to see everyone seems to have had a good time. WhoDatInDaMud, I agree with yah, I was getting real worried about off road adventures some of rookies where taking in the first couple of hours. I was real glad to see everyone was a quick learner. It was somthing we'll have to do again thats for sure. I'm just happy everyone had a good time and no wheelers or riders got damaged!LOL

Old 04-04-2001, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

I remember you, whodatindamud, The decked out brand new sp500 rse. I was about 15 yards away when you flipped over. Glad you and no one else got hurt. The trail did have allot of turns in it, didn't it! That made it fun. I was not impressed with my new 27 inch mudbugs and I might go back to my 26 inch mudbugs that are wider tires. First, I have to try the 27's out in the mud. After all, they are called mudbugs, not snowbugs. HA HA! I remember 3-wheeler. We thought we lost you for a while, then we found you.

I wonder whos idea it was to go in that field where so many of us got stuck? My vote would be
quadking i.e.(the 600 griz). I was tuckerd out when we finally got out of there and heck, I don't know his name, so I called him red cap because he was wearing a red cap. He actually lifted the rear end of my xpedition up about 3 times to get it back on top of the snow. He worked harder then me. It was a relief when we were back on the packed trail again. It would be fun to ride on the rest of the trails up there. Like the one place on the trail that said, what was it now, duxberry or ah heck, it started with a D, 26 miles. When we go here any way, It might be a good idea to carry extra gas, thats for sure.

rangerchet

Old 04-04-2001, 12:39 PM
Range Rover

What do you mean, what's up with the noisy 3 wheeler? Didn't you like my "trail modified" version of the racing 250r? :-) Thanks for the pics. I'll post em to my website when I get time. lOoking forward to hooking up again.

Old 04-04-2001, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

I dunno if tieing a plastic milk crate to the back of your weed wacker makes it trail ready - but if you say so! Bwaaaahahahaha!

Hey Chet - We werent lost - you guys were! And guess who missed the stuck-a-thon on top of the hill?! We did! Bwaaaaa, ah - you know.

Old 04-04-2001, 08:26 PM
Range Rover

Well, I guess you're right, but if I guess I wouldn't know what makes a trail riding wheeling because I was alwasy out in front of you guys and I couldnt' see you. Ha Ha Ha right back at ya!!:-)

Old 04-05-2001, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider

I got my pictures developed and 11 pictures turned out real nice. rangerchet