Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

spring ride in Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, I love spring,
Went for my first good trail ride since I can't remember, this weekend. We haven't had snow in the southwest for a month or so, but there is still plenty at our camper up in Luther. It took all of Friday afternoon to plow that crusty, crystalized mess enough to get our rigs back to the campsite. The trails there have been packed pretty good by sleds, but the sunshine, and above freezing temperatures have made the so so trails enjoyable. Nothing better than snow, ice, water, mud, & dust to get the old blood pumping after a long cold winter. The ride was great, but the trip back home was just as enjoyable. Saw lots of quads being trailered. Convoyed with a group of sports quads with Indiana plates. Looked like they might have been coming from Silver Lake. Anyone from the Forum? Anyways, Long live spring! My weekends are booked.
Brian

Old 04-03-2001, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Me and another rider were in Luther, the week before you. It snowed most of the day on Saturday and we froze our #@s off. I had ice sicles on my nose so I put on my kerchief to block the wind and the kerchief froze. It was weired 'cause when we got up there Friday, it was 50 degrees. Saturday morning, it was snowing and 16 degrees. We rode 54 mile that day and loved every minute but man I don't think I'll ever ride that cold again.
Chuck

Old 04-05-2001, 11:28 AM
Mac
Range Rover

Hey Dusty, Good to see you back on the quad. We're having a big ride on 21April near Carney by Norway. By the way Are you and Dave gonna make the Memorial Day weekend to the Hurley Rally? I will be joining in again with Floodrunner and Jack and about 8 or so others maybe to do the trails for 3 to 4 days.

Mac The Red Rhino

Old 04-05-2001, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

I can't wait to get out either!! My wife and I are going up to the Meadows and Bull Gap next weekend. I'm already putting together some equipment, and patiently waiting for Cabela's to ship my GPS mount

Quads

Old 04-05-2001, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

Dusty, its your neighbor here from Allegan, sometime we're going to have to take a long weekend and head up to Hurley. I'm already planning 2 weeks this summer up there and I may be adding more.
Steve
98 Grizzly

Old 04-06-2001, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Mac,

Can't make it to Hurley for the rally this year. We have made other plans for Memorial weekend. We do plan on going sometime early this year though, so as not to miss the mud on trail 8.(although, it probably never goes away)
I saw the post by Thor on the scrub run. I wish I'd known about it sooner. It sounds like a good time. I remember you talking about it last year. How many pitstops did you say you made? hehe
I'll have to get in touch with Floodrunner, and try and plan a trip to Hurley while he and his wife are up there. They were excellent guides, and made sure we didn't miss anything, if ya know what I mean.

Flipper,

We do need to get in touch. I plan on doing alot of riding this year. I've modified my work schedule to take long weekends as much as possible this summer. E-mail me.
BTW, my E-mail address is Brennb@us.inter.net. The address in my profile is wrong.

Brian