Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Paiute ATV Trail North Fuel Locations

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 11:26 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paiute ATV Trail North Fuel Locations

Howdy. I'm planning a week long trip along the Paiute. My question is regarding fuel stops, specically on the north end.

Salina Utah
I see there are gas stations in Salina, but according to the Nat Geo map, ATV's are not allowed to drive to any of them. Can ATV's drive to the Carls Jr, Subway, Burger King, etc., where the gas is?

Koosharem
I don't see that there is fuel here. Am I missing something obvious?

Aurora
I don't see fuel here. Can someone confirm?

Fillmore
There is fuel here for ATV's. Is this correct?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm pretty sure that if the map shows gas in a town that you can get to it. We got gas in Marysvale and Junction on the south side of the trail. The map did show gas being available in all the towns you mentioned. Salina and Aurora are very close together too if one doesn't have gas. When you going out? We're going to arrive late on August 28th and ride M, Tu, W, Th, and F. before heading home. Probably going to connect with Specta the first 3 days. We had a great time with him in 2013 and are going to bring our machines this time. (38 hour drive each way)

Old 02-21-2016, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider
Cool

And I thought my 13-14 hour to and from Paiute was bad (I checked and it would be same going to Hatfield/McCoy, but I'd still like to go someday). The drive west of Denver was certainly scenic though you still had to keep your wits about you.

Couldn't tell you about where to get gas in that part, stayed in Richfield.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:19 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
(38 hour drive each way)
WOW! I'm with John. My 16 hour drive is nothing compared to that. Dates are not set yet for our trip, but I'll share our trail route with you when I'm finished if you're interested. We're filling in the gaps that missed in 2014. I'm planning for 5 days, 4 nights camping out on the trails.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by claycope
WOW! I'm with John. My 16 hour drive is nothing compared to that. Dates are not set yet for our trip, but I'll share our trail route with you when I'm finished if you're interested. We're filling in the gaps that missed in 2014. I'm planning for 5 days, 4 nights camping out on the trails.
We're thinking of heading down to the Bryce Canyon area and maybe camping overnight there. I can't do a ton of camping. Back isn't into it.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

I just found on the ATVUtah forum that there is gas in these cities; Monroe, Elsinore, Marysvale, Junction, Koosharem, Richfield, Salina, Jospeh, Beaver and Fillmore.

In Koosherman, it's the Grass Valley Mercantile, which is closed on Sunday's. I'll update this post so we can reference it later after I figure out the other gas options.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Range Rover

Isn't there also gas at the Big Rock Candy Mountain resort? Home - Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort | Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort

Old 02-24-2016, 07:44 AM
Trailblazer
Default dang

Isn't there also gas at the Big Rock Candy Mountain resort? Home - Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort | Big Rock Candy Mountain Resort
I always wanted to ride that trail ! never could find anyone to go w/ me !

Old 02-24-2016, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Not sure.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:44 PM
Range Rover

Rough draft route created. 5 days / roughly 500 miles. After I return from Moab in a few weeks will tidy up the routes.

5 days / 500 miles on the Paiute ATV Trail

Quick Reply: Paiute ATV Trail North Fuel Locations