Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

With little else to do, I am enjoying the pics and stories. One can never see to many pics of 4 wheelers and SxS machines. Hope your not taking those tires off the rims when summer comes around, taking tires on and off rims break down beads really quick! An extra set of wheels are in order if your gonna be swapping tires each season. I also use that cam to keep an eye on the weather up north, also see some great animal pics as well!

Old 12-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Big Frank that sucks having that many issues with just a switch. They are not that expensive so why not just replace it with a new one. Thought your dealer might have done that just to prevent a future headache. Oh well...what ya gonna do? Sometimes life just craps on ya a little and let's you know your not the boss!

Old 12-08-2018, 10:54 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a new switch that the dealer just installed. My old switch was corroded or full of dirt or something, and when I pressed on it too hard the rocker snapped right off. The switch and wiring is all sealed together as one piece and has to be replaced as a unit. I turned that live video on but had to turn it back off. There was a doe eating and it was chewing was so loud I couldn't think straight to read. The 3 flakes deep snow we had last night melted by the time I got up late in morning and everything was dry like it never happened.

P.S. 4-tracker, you're going to get in trouble for having one of the couch cushions on your new ride.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

lol that couch cushion, I made myself from the foam pcs out of the cargo boxes that weren't needed, then bought rubber like vinyl at fabric shop, and yes on a long ride its just like a super comfortable, lay back recliner, where comparing my Honda trx450r, back breaking,seat pounding, rough as hell scoot, but on the plus side don't try to keep up with it! Its almost as fast as my Zilla was, scary fast, and almost worth the Motrin pill popping pain! lol This King Quad is just plain cushy (on the tush'ey) all round!
Hurry up with that switch! We could get that monster storm any time now lol I can feel it in my bones! lol

Old 12-10-2018, 02:17 AM
THE BERMINATOR

The backrest in this picture is adjusted as far ahead as it can go. I keep mine as far back as it can go and it's just a few inches from my back. If I had it farther ahead it would hit me in the back going through the whoops. When we're riding down roads I can scoot back a little and have some back support while still being able to reach the bars okay. If I had short arms I wouldn't be able to do that. I use my backrest when we take breaks, but usually end up sitting sideways so I can face the rest of the guys and use the backrest as an armrest. But sometimes I put my feet on the front rack and use the backrest the way it's meant to be used. Earlier this year I rode 4 or 5 miles down the road like that too, with both feet on the front rack and just one hand on the bars. I was sittin' back chillin' like I was at home on the couch.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

I hear your pain Big Frank! I can make you a cozy for yours too, I have 2 more of those couch cushions left and you can recline and take naps on trails too.
I can do it in many styles!

2 seat'ers

it will leave you feeling dead to this world in comfort

your buddies will be so proud when they see you strolling up

this i can do, but it might cost a little extra

this is how relaxed i get on mine!

Taking orders while they last! Only 2 left w/ FREE SHIPPING
All kidding aside here's a few pic of my TRX

Me showing off at Bull Gap! after getting off my cushy back seat rest!

This is what some of my friends say/complain about my riding style

In case any one of you are wondering what to get me for xmas to help get me off the ground while camping in my pup tent....SURPRISE ME!!

Old 12-14-2018, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

Back seat, couch cushion remake/redesign, finally getting back on lol (a little back humor here lol)
Its been awhile since experimenting/making this monstrosity! The reason I made my own vs buying a back rest/support is #1 I like trying my hand at making things, whenever I feel I can possibly get by doing so, and the feeling of knowing I made something, feeling of accomplishment, pride etc. lol and sometimes things work out ok, but at times need a little resizing/redoing! lol I've never owned a back rest before, so instead of buying/investing in something, I knew very little about, and not knowing if it would be right for me, since I've always owned smaller sport quads before, also not knowing if an aftermarket brand would work on this machine, since I had mounted cargo boxes on rear racks. Plus had nothing to lose, since I had things laying around here, like the unneeded foam, I had left over from the cargo box's, a pc of plywood to staple vinyl to, and for support. The only thing bought was a yard of rubber feeling/looking vinyl for real cheap! The reason I made it so BIG was I used the size it was in case it didn't work out, then I could always save the foam for boxes, if needed for later use. Plus I had no idea what size would be right until used for awhile on different trail types, and got that chance up north recently, putting on over 100 miles on long weekend, on every kind of terrain imaginable, with lots of whoops, steep hill climbs, jumps and glad to report, never a jab/pain, in fact the more I leaned back into it on those rougher trails, the more comfort/protection it gave, and never had to lean forward away from the rest once, from the one thing there designed to do, protect our backs from, pain/injury! I think the reason for the comfort I had experienced, compared to what others have expressed about their aftermarket rests, could be in their back rests low back height, where there's a sharp edge at the top of the seat rest and right at the most tender place, right in the kidney area! I had no idea when making this what i was doing, or how it was going to turn out, blind luck I guess, but I know it's definitely way too high, and now that I know how well it has worked out, I think I'll be fine keeping it, and I feel that lowering it down to the top of the boxes should still protect my whole back, yet look more fitting with the vehicles makeup/style w/boxes. I'll show pic soon, its been so dank outside here lately, but looking pretty good for next couple of days for getting back outside, getting caught up on things, and yard work, with one last leaf pick up, before that Big snow fall soon!!!!! Its coming lol
11 DAYS TILL XMAS

Old 12-14-2018, 10:30 PM
THE BERMINATOR

The night before last we had about 2/10 of an inch of snow according to the weatherman. Yesterday it melted and my driveway was mostly dry, then around midnight it rained. It hasn't snowed again but today was one of the foggiest I've ever seen and it's supposed to be foggy tomorrow too. It must have something to do with the 40 degree days, and the humidity from when it snowed and rained before.

The backrest in that other picture I posted makes it look lower than it is. Here are pics of similar ones for newer ATVs. The angle of the second pic makes it look like it's higher than mine but it might be the same. You can see part of where the Lock & Ride cargo boxes have 2 channels molded into the bottom so they can go over the backrest frame.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Trying to get my neighbor,long time good friend to try trail riding for the first time with us , and hopefully give him the fever for the sport once out riding. He's near 50 and has ridden mini bikes most of his life, and has built many of them and has 8 custom bikes stored in his garage and has sunk a bundle in ea one. He spends all is spare time riding these around here and with mini bike events. He's never really ridden anything much bigger than sm motor engines. but after having him take one of our quads out for a test ride, trying to give him the bug, just around in the yard here, it got away from him, causing him to refuse, ever discussing, doing a trip again! Sending me this pic telling me never again! I don't understand his thinking, if only he would get out on the trails just once, he would get over the obvious fear. He just doesn't know what he's missing, and there's no way to convince him of this lol

Old 12-17-2018, 11:18 PM
THE BERMINATOR

"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance." - FDR

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch