Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Its coming!!!!

Old 12-03-2018, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

I know this might not seem like much to most of you, but my ''THUMB WARMER'' just arrived!! It seems to be made WAY much better than grip warmers! Plus has Hi Lo setting. Gives me something to do tomorrow!!
FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE SO SNOW STARVED, OUT THERE, GOT AN IDEA.... I have a neighbor next door that projects Santa's reindeer's rushing across his house....So I was thinking (for those of us that just can't wait till it gets here) that maybe we can get one that projects snow blowing, like in blizzard mode, and we could set on our rides facing it, and pretend were out plowing, and me with my thumb warmer on HIGH!! just don't get caught by the neighbors lol

Old 12-03-2018, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I am surprised you haven't rented a snow machine, you know like the ones used at ski resorts.....then you might be able to plow in winter, spring and fall!! Heck you never know, some folks might even come over and pay you to be able to use there plows on your drive!

Old 12-03-2018, 11:36 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
I am surprised you haven't rented a snow machine, you know like the ones used at ski resorts.....then you might be able to plow in winter, spring and fall!! Heck you never know, some folks might even come over and pay you to be able to use there plows on your drive!
He could sit on his quad with the snow blowing in his face and pretend he's plowing all day if he wanted. A pair of treadmills under the tires and he could give it the gas and have the full effect of riding.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:30 AM
Pro Rider

And if I lived out in the country like you guys, I would definitely own 10 of those machines, and guys would come from all over the world to play on my mountain of snow, causing the new ice age again, on this side of the world!! Your lucky I don't live next to you as a neighbor, since you would need tunnels in order to driving out of your neighborhood, with me on top of the world up there testing out them new tires, hopefully digging in like reviews promise they should, cant wait to try em out! Come on winter snow storms/blizzards/4 footer....well maybe hold off just until I get a little more ready,
I was out for 3 days trying to get this recently bought, used snow blower working again, where finally Sunday I discovered the carb bowl nut, which is also the very tiny passage way or jet, was clogged solid, hard as a rock, finally working it out with wife's smallest thread needle. The machine would run as long as I poured gas in carb throat for a second. I've had that darned carb apart a dozen times puzzled by fuel clog, trying everything and cleaning!
Now that I got that figured out, naturally there's got to be something else! When I prime carb gas is dumping out the back side between carb and cylinder somewhere. Finally called it quits, It got so cold out there late last night, where my hands got so cold from having to hold cold metal parts with hands coated in gas and numb fingers lol But I think after all this work I'm about ready to finally get er up and running this morning, where after reading stories of similar carb issues suggesting it possibly needs new gaskets between carb and cyl., and I have gasket material to copy and cut my own.
The funny thing is I don't even need this blower, I have 2 others, but it's the challenge/puzzle of not knowing whats keeping this thing from running, that drives me to figure it out or eventually throwing it against a brick wall!! and the crazy thing about it that if, and when I finally get it running I'll probably give it away to a needy neighbor, or good will, then hunt around looking for something else to drive myself crazy and to freeze my bored self out on! lol I've had plenty of time before now to do this but waited until it got really cold! lol But It beats just sitting on behind! Got to get fresh air and daylight daily to keep the ole winter blahs/depression/blues down (''very important'' for this to work though, is to make sure your out in the middle of the yard, with no wind chill protection, getting as much sun/daylight on you, working on a small table, freezing yourself to the point of frost bite, as i'm doing, for this to give you the most health benefit lol) with anything we can come up with, while waiting out our next BIG snow storm coming soon!!!!!!!!! Right?
You know what might help this cold morning at 29 deg right now, outside, is to wire my new dumb thumb warmer up that I just got yesterday to my thumb keeping at least one part of my body toasty! Light bulb just went off!! Maybe I should buy 9 more, keeping all them appendages there, happy lol

Old 12-05-2018, 01:57 AM
THE BERMINATOR

Talking about no wind-chill protection reminds me of one of my uncles who lived in the UP. He was outside a lot, snowshoeing, hunting, snowmobiling, you name it. He never wore a ski mask no matter how cold it was, even after the windshield broke off his snowmobile. And no helmet or goggles either, just his hat and glasses. One time my mom asked my dad why my uncle's face looked so much younger than his and his skin was so smooth. My dad told her it's because it's never more than a year old. Every winter he gets frostbite and it peels right off.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:40 AM
Pro Rider

Froze my butt off yesterday, all coooold day loooong!! lol! Butt lol finally got the snow plow running pretty good, butt lol, now I'm confronted with trying to figure out a way to rig up some kind of leaver for winching down the cable to plow auger. I could tell this machine had very little use while examining/working on it, but for some reason the drive rod was removed and left off.
My rims arrived yesterday, Butt lol (It really was a butt of a day!) they sent the same size front and rear wheels/rims at 7''. I looked up my specs and my fronts are 6'' and rears 7.5. Any one know if these new size rims will be ok? You would think with the new front rims being an inch wider would cause the height of the tire to be shorter causing the quad to set lower in front, and higher in rear. I emailed the seller and haven't heard back yet, eBay won't allow any other communication between buyer seller since eBay warns they could refuse help with future warranty/returns for this purchase.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

That is the main problem with Ebay, if you have an issue it can take some time getting it resolved!

Old 12-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry correction: I ordered right from dealer and it looks like there the right size rims. Everyone now is running same size rims all around on 4x4's. Got another problem lol, the tires just arrived and they sent wrong size, (is it just not my time for ordering stuff?) and there working on correcting there mistake, they admitted to. Sure look good though, hate to sent em back. lol

I just figured out why your pic possibly didn't show. try them again the same way as before, but before you click on manage attachments or go advanced, make sure your pc mouse cursor is showing one line below your last sentence or body of letter or it wont forward. that just happened to me, and I was reminded when mine didn't show up

Old 12-05-2018, 07:08 PM
THE BERMINATOR

It looks like you're getting ready for mud. That's how my tires came from Amazon, one bundle for the front and one for the rear. All four tires would have been too big of a load for the UPS driver.

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch