Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 08:14 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very true. The price for this stuff isent cheep considering how many people buy these stickers and they still do very little. Rather than improve trails, clear trees, smooth them, add markers and maps, all they do is send some rangers to watch people ride them and pull people over. Theres not a lot of crazy people on trails like there are on the dunes so it would be nice if theyd improve the trails

Old 04-23-2019, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Amen to that!!

Old 04-23-2019, 01:38 PM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol. This is probably the longest thread on this website now

Old 04-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

And it's because of people like you, that keep supporting into these threads, and adding very informative content, that help make it that way!
Lets go riding!!
Hey mr. yamaha moto, since your so close to, and know so much of, the Baldwin trails, would you care to join us this weekend there, we sure could use an experienced trail guide! I will be at the Country store campground, I'm sure your very familiar with its location! Not sure where we'll be camped, until I get there, around 9-ish Fri. morning. That should be the best day of the weekend, so far, according to weather forecast! Got one guy and his buddy, from up in the thumb, expected to possibly join in, that I'll be meeting for the first time, and a father n son, both real cool dudes, that I met last fall, at St Helen, and there from Indiana. That should do it so far, so feel free to join us for just a couple of hours or a few days, would be great! It's been a very long winter, and really anxious to get back out!

Old 04-23-2019, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
Got it finally turned upright lol
Just puled up and viewed your map, then compared it to the big book of maps I got from vvmapping. VV already shows all the stuff you have marked only the stops are in much smaller print and that is an orv route so SxS can go on it. Tin Cup is also marked as an orv route, but the little O is a 50" wide trail. Something to look forward to!

Old 04-23-2019, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Meet you there sunday!!

Old 04-23-2019, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

Also just noticed an addition to the trails you have marked, there is a continuation (loop) just north of where you have Lincoln bridge marked, it swings around and reconnects. Probably adds another 15-20 miles from what I can see....would be something to explore.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

See you there sunday!!

Old 04-23-2019, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

I think they do their best to confuse us, but we pay extra now through our trail permits that are supposed to go for trail improvements, like directional trail markers, yet very little has been done in the 40 yrs of my riding. I think what the state is trying to do is make us beg for these improvements, so they can up the cost for permits even higher!
According to the website, the state pays clubs to mark and maintain the trails in there designated area, the state can provide materials for trail maintenance and the clubs are supposed to mark the trails. Somewhere along the line it seems the money for trail marking might be spent elsewhere.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

See you there sunday!!
I wish !!!!!!

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch