Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

4 tracker, have to take rhe wife into the doc as her left arm became extremely painfull and stopped working...some mothersday present hey. As far as trail maps, yes there are routes around St Helen, just have to distinguish between routes and trails. My book fromm vvmap was just updated a couple months back and is very easy to read. Routes and trails are very easy to tell apart as will the gps as it is marked just like the book. Trying to find a copy machine to make original size copies then tape together joining trails, fold it and put in a plastic folder to take on the trail. As I said before the gps is a just in case! I like my adjustable ram ball mount, used them in my boat for years with no issues. But I could see a problem with them on your handlebars. If the unit came off it would go right to the ground....not a good idea! Well have to get wife around to see what went haywire with her arm.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Had a chance to look at that map you posted.. that is a good one, well marked, easy to determine trails and routes! That would be a good one to carry along, especially if you get the maps that continue those routes where they run off the page. Wont have any results on wifes arm until wed.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Keep us posted, good luck! Wishing her all the best....and keeping fingers x'ed, hopefully we'll still be able to make our, looooong planned trip, by Fri. Might ba a few months before my schedule will be open for another trip. Holding breath here! lol

Old 05-14-2019, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Tall Dr. Frank....replying to your slam....where you mentioned, ''I'm gaining weight'' while you're losing! Well, I might be gaining, but you don't have to rub it in! lol I'm glad all of us can teese ea other, without feeling like were going to, offend one another, I'm always teasing everyone I meet, hoping to break the ice quicker, that way, you gotta know, when I'm teasing/kidding around with any one, there's not a serious bone in my body! When I send anyone anything, that remotely sounds like a slam, I'm always putting lol at the end of almost every message, so always take me, with a grain of salt, and just ribb me back, with even more ''get your goat'' kind of humor! lol If we don't hear from you pretty soon, were going to have to send out the posse!....Kid!....seriously! Not kidding this time! You hear me, PRIVATE!

Old 05-21-2019, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone in need of getting away....riding hard n long....cooking up great camp meals.....then some good night rides....no time for sleep!! lol

Old 05-21-2019, 11:59 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in about 4 week sim heading up north for a camping and riding trip and im already ready to go lol. My classes for school are getting hard at the end of the year here and i havent rode my quad in a while so im just waiting till summer.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

I can remember my school days, the closer to summer, the harder it was to pay attention! Was hard to keep school on my mind when the weather got nice. One day down the road things will look different but for now....been there...done that...I yknow how you feel.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

You hit the NAIL right on the head with that simple explanation, ken!! I'm trying to get my mind off the subject, and find other things to do/join/participate in, I'd join the foreign legion of they still existed, right about now, I'm so bummed out! lol I guess it's just meant to be, since the weather would have put a damper on any planned trips anyways! I keep tossing around in my head to just throw in the towel and sell everything, with so few days to use these darned things, are they all really worth the aggravation!! I only have the break in miles on it so far, which would be a good selling point, where many more would definitely deplenish the resale value, quickly! Are we at the age where we don't need toys anymore? lol Starting to seriously think so! WOE is me lol All this rain ain't helping my spirits much either!

Old 05-22-2019, 10:11 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres no such thing as being to old to ride lol. Even if its in a SxS going 5mph down the trail. Yeah both my older brothers are done with school and having fun while im getting swamped with school work and have exams in a couple weeks. Ill get there

Old 05-22-2019, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

It has been a good many years since I was in school, but there are still way to many things that prevent me drom doing all the things I enjoy. After school is done then it will be work, then as you get older it will be family and work to keep you away from playing. As you get older yet it becomes health issues and work/family issues. Even after retirement and family all grown up I still have to many things preventing me from playing. However, the thought of selling out has never crossed my mind. Even if I only get out a few times a year, that is better than nothing. My boat has not been in the water in almost 3 yrs but I still have it, and this year does not look promising! High water prevents the boat ramps from opening. Always something, but at least I can keep looking forward to "one of these days" its gonna happen. If this rain and high water continue, I might consider turning my boat into an "ark".....

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch