Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where was everyones summer trips this year?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 09:09 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where was everyones summer trips this year?

Hey everyone!

Just wondering how everyones summer riding trips went and where you took your toys. I took a trip up to the trails in Baldwin in the mud first. Then we went to Drummond island and road manual sport quads through jeep rock crawling and riding up river trails lol. We also got a nice trip out to silver lake so I could test out my new quad and new paddles. We also know a guy with a 1,200 hp sand rail that we took out on the dunes a few weeks ago! Wish I could have gone on a couple more trips but it was a busy summer and everything was fun.

What did you do?

Old 08-22-2019, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Made a few trips up to the St Helen area always trying new trails. Nothing as exciting as your trips though. Hoping to get back up there at least a couple more times before winter arrives. One of these days would like to put together a small group for Hatfield/McCoy trails, awesome place, been there twice and wanting to go back. Would like to try Baldwin area as well.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I didnt go anywhere. In fact I haven't left the state of Illinois all year. May take a day trip somewhere next weekend since its Labor Day. Probably will just venture down to one of the parks south of me. A new ohv park was supposed to be opened this year at a place called Sahara Woods in Southern Illinois. But it doesn't look like its going to open this year. I really wanted to go but might have to wait until next year. It's not going to be a huge park, 26 miles of trails was what was planned but its someplace new. Its basically a wildlife refuge, camping and fishing area that was going to set aside some land for ohv trails. Originally was set to open in Spring this year but probably ran out of money. Not for sure but work is behind schedule.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

You need to get your priorities in order! ...lol...
I am retired and didnt get away as much as I wanted to, but life happens. I did get up riding a few times and planning on at least a couple more. We have a local riding area just recently expanded and improved. Not big, but a nice place to get away for a few hours. Havent heard of to many riding places in Ill. So would be interested in hearing about any good ones there might be.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:05 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol I dont have many good places to ride super close to me. There are a few trails that we go to all the time a couple hours from me and the dunes but thats about it. Still fun to ride on though. been a really busy summer so im suprised i got those couple rides in

Old 08-25-2019, 10:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been working too much this year I guess. But more money in the bank too. I still go out and ride pretty much every weekend when it doesn't rain. Just haven't gotten very far from home. Still some decent trails close to me but you get tired of riding the same trails over and over again. There is another atv park that I have yet to visit that I might try. Its a little farther away but still within a 2 hour drive. That's about as far as I want to go for a day trip.

Old 12-01-2019, 05:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife and I took the RZR to the Alpine Loop in CO the end of Sept. Amazing riding. Already planning another trip out there next year with my brothers. Probably take the RZR and two ATVs.