Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Ohio Riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio Riding

has anyone heard of a place between Fairborn and Xenia its supposed to be about the same as haspin acres to ride? I was in getting a new air filter today and another customer was telling me about it said it was real nice riding there and considerably bigger than Bud Hilliards trails are. if I recal he said it was called grass and trails or something like that.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

I think I found it Thrashing trails (with the noise around and everyone talking I think I heard it wrong with the grass and trails but from what I have read its right by the career center) has anyone rode there ?? how many acres is it? is it a days worth of riding or just a couple hours??

Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!

We have not ridden there so maybe this is an unfair post...I got so tired of reading the guy's advertising on Craigslist, that I just can't see giving him my money! From reading his posts, I couldn't tell whether he thought that his 140 acres was really something special or whether he is just really greedy! He advertised everyday (or it seemed that way) on Craigslist and just from reading his posts you would have thought that he had 10,000 acres. Something to consider and keep in mind is that certain equipment is only allowed certain weekends. It is stock exhaust one weekend, dirt bikes on weekend, jeeps on weekend, open weekend (everyone welcome)....something like that! I was just irritated by him so we choose to ride at Bud's if we are riding in the winter! We rode there one time this winter! To be totally honest, I see the 15 bucks a day a bit steep for a day of riding when I can put that 15 bucks into gas and ride 70 miles of trails at Wayne rather than 140 acres at Bud's! My other hand says that they have the land and for riding in winter it certainly beats my 5 acres that I have access to! You are pretty local to Bud's aren't you? Have you ever ridden at Perry? We will probably ride there over Easter weekend at some point! I think that you sent my brother all of your contact info so maybe we can meet up at some point at the beginning of the season! We will be in WV riding at Pinnacle Creek and Indian Ridge in a week so we are ready to go! We plan to put 250-300 miles on the quads in a friday, saturday, and sunday morning!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

yes we discussed meeting up the weekend of the 22nd of April at Wayne I cant wait! yes I am pretty local to Buds he is literally in my back yard (I live in the trailer court in front of Buds) I help him clean the trees and trails he uses me for his "tow" service if someone gets stuck or breaks down and in exchange I get to ride whenever I want without having to pay but riding the same area over and over gets boring after a while thats why I am looking for other places to get some variety. I have never heard of this other place I talked to my brother in law and he said he called them last year (thrashing trails) and they wanted $25 for a picture ID card once a year plus the $15 a day to ride so he wouldnt go there but when I called tonight he said that was the guy that was running things last year and they arent doing that anymore it was just the $15 a day. ATVs are welcome any weekend there is 1 weekend a month that dirt bikes are allowed and trucks are only welcome one weekend a month might go and see what its about one day when I am bored just for curiosity

Old 03-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

no I have not heard of Perry before where is that located at?

Old 03-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

ok looked it up its just north of wayne?

Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 AM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!

Yep just north of wayne...located outside redfield ohio. Totally different riding than wayne! Bring the winch...and prepare for only about 30 miles of slow going in a day!